Beef Ribs/Restaurant Depot

Beef Ribs

Hi All I was back in Restaurant Depot, to pick up a Superior Angus Beef Brisket, WOW I got sticker shock $56.55 for 13.66lb brisket= $4.14 lb.
Thanks for all the information on the Beef ribs.
This time I was able to really check out the Beef ribs,so many to chose from.. Looks like ones with the best meat and price were,SUPERIOR CH ANGUS beef SHORT RIBS CHUCK R/W $3.99 $3.79 next time will them a try.
Thanks Dan
PS Butt prices were reallly good..$1.79 for bone in.

Select UPC# Category Description Unit Price Case Price
20794190000 FRESH MEAT BF BACK RIBS CRYO R/W $2.39 $2.23
20793110000 FRESH MEAT BF CHUCK SHORT RIBS BONELESS FRESH CHUCK $6.89 $6.59
20750370000 FRESH MEAT BF SHORT RIBS SPLIT 2 IN CHOICE FLANKEN STYLE 2INC $7.48 $0.00

IBS FROZEN R/W $2.59 $2.52
20798160000 FRESH MEAT SUPERIOR CH ANGUS beef SHORT RIBS 3 BONE R/ $6.39 $5.99
20798150000 FRESH MEAT SUPERIOR CH ANGUS beef SHORT RIBS CHUCK R/W $3.99 $3.79
20790060000 FRESH MEAT USDA STANDARD OR HIGHER BEEF CHUCK SHORT RIBS R/W $3.89 $3.59

beef ribs

Hi All I was able to pick up a small package of chuck beef short ribs, at my local market.Thought I'd give these a try before going to RD at getting the bigger packs.
Right now they are in the oven, with a rack of St louie at *250..Way too much SNOW here to get into the smoker. Also have a rack of St Louie in the oven, going 2-1-1 for both.
Thanks Dan
PS $7.03 for these 4 ribs.

Last edited:
Let us know how they turn out. Not sure how long individual bones like that will take or how to check for doneness. Maybe a toothpick through the side of the thick meat above the bone?

Bef Ribs

Hi All After 3.5 hrs at *250 two of the ribs , the meat just came clear away from the bone. two of the ribs the toothpick went in n out like butter. The other's there was a little residence. The 2 without the bone just look like pieces of chuck. Could of gotten a chuck roast and cube it up, would have been much cheaper.
Waiting to see how they taste.They were rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops.
Thanks DanB

Last edited:
Beeg rib results

Hi All The beef ribs came out dry but tasty..I think I might have over cooked them.The St Louie ribs saved the day. Maybe next time try the beef ribs with the longer bone.
Thanks DanB

Hi All The beef ribs came out dry but tasty..I think I might have over cooked them.The St Louie ribs saved the day. Maybe next time try the beef ribs with the longer bone.
Thanks DanB

Also probably having them as separate bones helped contribute to the dryness, which is why it is better to cook the whole plate of 3-4 bones together then slice when finished.

Also probably having them as separate bones helped contribute to the dryness, which is why it is better to cook the whole plate of 3-4 bones together then slice when finished.

Hi Just what I was thinking. Next time the full plate.
Thanks Dan
PS..Like your beef ribs on FaceBook.

Another try with Beef Ribs

Hi All Found some nice looking bones at Whole foods on sale for $6.99 lb.
Rub with Black Ops, smoked with Pecan n Cherry 280 for 6 hrs, wrapped after 4hrs. Tasty just like brisket on a stick.
Also did a rack of BB's and St Louie.
Enjoy DanB

Last edited:
Inspired by this thread, I grabbed a pack of plate at the depot yesterday and cooked them up. These are a little large for my vacuum sealer so I was happy to see a 2-plate pack along with the 4 pack.. opted for the 2-plate, wasn't looking to cook a whole lot.

Have not done hot and fast for anything else (yet) .. figured I'd try it out. Cooker was in the 270 degree neighborhood, wrapped at 4 hours with paper, came out when probe tender. Overcooked the one plate (had to run out, oops) but it was still super tasty.

Thanks for the tips... truly brisket on a stick :)

Attachments

• 20150529_204347.jpg
    20150529_204347.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 84
Back