Contest Announcment BBQ FESTIVAL & Competition - Middletown, CT

Ok. Electricity will be provided. Bring an extension cord, splitter, whatever you think you might need. There is an ACE hardware right there too anyway.

Peoples choice CAN be cooked off site.
Please dont make people sick though. That means following whatever guidelines are necessary to ensure that. heating/cooling whatever.

9 Teams are already signed up and paid. 20 team max!
There are about fifty days until the event. If you are interested, get your money in. Spots cant be held for unpaid reservations, unless you work something out with the owner obviously.

Cody,

I emailed over to the email address with a few questions but haven't heard back. Are the turn ins going to be done in the standard Styrofoam boxes or competitor's choice?

Another great question Biscuit. I'll get on his a$$ he should be answering all his emails. I am a good contact to help get you answers though. Let me see what I can do. He is getting his rear end kicked at work right now. Building a huge outdoor area at his restaruant. Doesn't mean its a good excuse not to email back though.

Ok. Anything can be used for a turn in box as long as it doesnt have a team name on it. This is another wrinkle he likes to put into these things. It makes it different and fun. So use your moose head if you like. whatever.
Also, in the event of a tie for anything the winner is the team with the best decorated tent.
Additionally, he said he will respond to all emails and apologizes for any lack of communication.

I hope you compete. This is going to be a fun fesival. He has bands and vendors coming too. Beer truck. etc. :)

$3000 in prize money. They have 12 teams so far. Pretty good odds if you ask me. Haha. Any other competitors?

Cody,
I have tried to call Chris several times and his mailbox is full.
It is rather important he gets this message:
We had discussed with him judging his event 28 Jun some time ago.
Regretfully we find we have an unavoidable commitment that weekend in Michigan, and will not be available.
There should be many KCBS judges in CT who can fill in.

Sincerely,
Ford & Lorraine
Coventry RI

Back