THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I enjoyed cooking with Thom. We had never cooked or practiced together but we were able to combine our ideas and make some good BBQ.

Thanks for being a great Partner Thom!

Congratulations Neil and Thom! I'll be expecting some of that Brisket rub!
What were the 1st Place winners cooked on? I'm betting the Brisket was on the Drum?

Congratulations Neil and Thom! I'll be expecting some of that Brisket rub!
What were the 1st Place winners cooked on? I'm betting the Brisket was on the Drum?

Actually, the ribs were done on the drum. The brisket, pork and chicken were done in the Spicewine.

We almost missed the chicken turn-in. We were trying to get set-up for the People's Choice and realized it was 10:50 (11am turn-in). We hadn't even sauced our chicken yet. So we slapped some sauce on it and threw it back in the Spicewine for a few minues. Then we grabbed the best lloking half chicken, threw it in the box and sprinted down to turn it in. Thank God for IBCA. No garnish and a 20 minute turn in window.

We made and got 3rd.

That's how to start things off with a bang! Great job, Thom and Mista!

It happened and I can prove it!!

PalmDesert08093.jpg

PalmDesert08043.jpg

You can see the rest of the pics here:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/bigmista/Palm desert/?albumview=slideshow&start=40

Looks like a little sauce on them there slices of brisket. What did you use?

Damn that's cool. Do you fellas mind if I share those two photos with some friends over here?

Thank you Mista. I keep telling these people we can cook in California. :)

We also found...wellI found because Thom was asleep :lol:, that it took longer than expected for the Spicewine to come up to temp using 2 long skinny charcoal baskets. Don't know if it was the baskets or the wind or the small amount of briquettes used to start the basket. I just know to allow more time from now on.

Back