Baby Backs With Honey, Butter & Sugar

In my opinion, you cooked them too long at too hot a temperature. They look delicious regardless.

I cook baby backs at 225 using 2-2-1
2 hours in the smoker
2 hours wrapped with apple juice
1 hour unwrapped and sauced if wanted

I did 3 racks this way last Friday. My 3rd step was 15 minutes just to dry the surface and they were perfect.

Baby backs can vary wildly in thickness and weight, you have to pull them when they are ready.

Chris

Good stuff there. I've tried similar and can't complain.

Perhaps next time try replacing the brown sugar with maple syrup (the real stuff). Another complex flavor to add to the mix.

Thanks for sharing.

They would not last long here, they look delicious

Baby Backs With Honey, Butter & Sugar

Used Ozark Heat rub on the bone side, let them sit for a half hour then put Honey Hog rub on the meat side for half hour. Let the meat sweat for 1 hour total with rub. Also pulled the meat out of the fridge for a half hour before seasoning. Total out of the fridge time an 1 1/2 before cooking.

Cooked them for 2 hours at 275f, sprayed with apple juice every hour. Cooked for 2 1/2 hours, then pulled the ribs off and wrapped with foil using Honey, Butter and Brown Sugar, and sprinkled some more honey hog rub before wrapping it foil. this time cooked them meat side down the in foil for another 2 hours,

Overall these are the best baby back so far, incredible flavor extremely tender fall off the bone baby back‘s.
The honey and brown sugar along with the butter gave these baby back‘s and incredible flavor and taste.

My intention however, was never to make fall off the bone ribs, this is just how they turned out. Next time I am going to either dial the temperature to 250f instead of 275 and or cut the cook time down by a half hour. I want to be able to cut the ribs without them falling apart completely.

Looks great.

Am I reading right, you cooked total for 6.5 hours? I'm thinking you only did 4.5 hours. If you don't want them fall off bone, BB will only need 3-4 hours depending on temp. I'd only wrap for 45 min-1 hour.

@ 275 for 4 hours and 2 wrapped, you're still going to have fall off bone ribs. I'd try 2 hours unwrapped, 1 hour wrapped, 1 hour unwrapped and last hour keep your eye on tenderness and aim for 250-275. You'll still have very tender ribs, but shouldn't be quite fall off bone

I prefer a little chew, but I'm no stranger to going too long and having fall of bone and depending on my audience I may even go for that. In fact, I love fall of bone and using rib meat to make hoagies/sammies

In my opinion, you cooked them too long at too hot a temperature. They look delicious regardless.

I cook baby backs at 225 using 2-2-1
2 hours in the smoker
2 hours wrapped with apple juice
1 hour unwrapped and sauced if wanted

I did 3 racks this way last Friday. My 3rd step was 15 minutes just to dry the surface and they were perfect.

Baby backs can vary wildly in thickness and weight, you have to pull them when they are ready.

Chris

Thank you.

I may go back to this cook time, 2-2-1

Thank you!

Looks great.

Am I reading right, you cooked total for 6.5 hours? I'm thinking you only did 4.5 hours. If you don't want them fall off bone, BB will only need 3-4 hours depending on temp. I'd only wrap for 45 min-1 hour.

@ 275 for 4 hours and 2 wrapped, you're still going to have fall off bone ribs. I'd try 2 hours unwrapped, 1 hour wrapped, 1 hour unwrapped and last hour keep your eye on tenderness and aim for 250-275. You'll still have very tender ribs, but shouldn't be quite fall off bone

I prefer a little chew, but I'm no stranger to going too long and having fall of bone and depending on my audience I may even go for that. In fact, I love fall of bone and using rib meat to make hoagies/sammies

They were on the smoker for 4 1/2 hours total.

Thank you!

Good stuff there. I've tried similar and can't complain.

Perhaps next time try replacing the brown sugar with maple syrup (the real stuff). Another complex flavor to add to the mix.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

Back