Baby back ribs

bucko

is one Smokin' Farker
Baby back ribs been smoking about 3 hrs wrapped in foil they smell like ham or bacon been running a very clean fire pit temp been holding steady around 250 they looked good when I wrapped them are they safe to eat never smelled ribs like that before

Baby back ribs been smoking about 3 hrs wrapped in foil they smell like ham or bacon been running a very clean fire pit temp been holding steady around 250 they looked good when I wrapped them are they safe to eat never smelled ribs like that before

Almost certainly "safe to eat" if the IT is above 160ish, which it should be if you have had them wrapped for 3 hours. Likely overdone, at least for my taste since I almost never wrap Ribs to cook, but "Ham on a Rib" sounds like it might be interesting. Only way to find out is to open one of those packages and dig in.

Some ribs are brined by the supplier and have that cured taste. I recall there was a specific brand but can’t recall which. I assume you smoked unwrapped first?

I don't like "enhanced" ribs.
It must say on the label, by law, that the meat has been injected and with what. I doubt there is any curing agent in the solution though.

Back