THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules question.

Went to my favorite meat counter looking for a thick cut ribeye. They had nothing thicker than maybe 1 1/4" in the case. Counter was busy and didn't want to wait for a special cut. Picked up a thick 2# Delmonico.

If I decide to enter, is a Delmonico an acceptable entry?

Rules question.

Went to my favorite meat counter looking for a thick cut ribeye. They had nothing thicker than maybe 1 1/4" in the case. Counter was busy and didn't want to wait for a special cut. Picked up a thick 2# Delmonico.

If I decide to enter, is a Delmonico an acceptable entry?

Good question - I've seen cuts labeled "Delmonico" that were clearly ribeye, but also seen cuts like Chuckeye also labeled as ribeye. Thus, there seems to be no clear consensus as to what a "Delmonico" really is:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/what-is-a-delmonico-steak-995643

If the meat you purchased looks like this, with a filet in the center surrounded by a cap, then it's a ribeye:

V5xHcTf.jpg

If it doesn't look like this, then it's not a ribeye. :thumb:

Back