THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

six501

Full Fledged Farker
I've been looking for something to replace my Weber Summit Charcoal grill table edition. I bought it when it was first released and I just want some change. I happened to see one of these in person at Disney weirdly enough and fell in love. It is hard to find some real-world reviews though. The majority of my cooks are just over charcoal and sometimes I rip babybacks. Grill: 24x36 Flattop BBQ Grill - Yoder Smokers

I can't help with the real world reviews, but when Yoder first announced this, I looked into it. If I was looking to upgrade my weber and needed all that space for cooking, I would definitely buy one. Chef Tom at ATBBQ.com did a picanha on one. Here's the video of his cook. You can probably find more from Chef Tom on the flattop by looking through his channel. Now, don't forget that his company sells Yoder cookers, so he's not going to say anything bad about them. LOL!! Not sure where you can go to get reviews with the good and bad these days. Even here we all have our favorites and lean into them. :cool:

I can't help you with feedback on the yoder. I will say I did some research though and much prefer the Pitts and Spitts Charcoal Flat Top compared to the Yoder. Check that one out.

Reach out to Shirley Fabrication and Moberg. Moberg is doing some really nice rigs similar to that Yoder today. Shirley doesn't get mentioned much with cookers like this but, the few I have seen were all works of ART! 🥰

I’m really between that Yoder or the M Grills M1. Just need something different. Will sell off my original WeberSummit Charcoal with table too

M Grills has its fans. Pre-COVID, I think it was, they had a group buy that a lot of members joined and sang the praises of the M Grills.

At the time, I was debating an Assassin model. Today, the Moberg options seem to be pretty popular in Texas but, I'm pretty attached to Shirley Fabrication and the quality options they put out but, that doesn't mean I haven't looked at the competition. 🙂

Back