60lbs of Sausage Making: Pickle Mustard, Wasabi Ginger, Dried Beer Malt Brat & More & a Kid

Got all the chicken sealed up today. Pork tomorrow!
QKIVU7kl.jpg

rUfijoBl.jpg

ZV7IbzAl.jpg

ZdHmM1Al.jpg

Fantastic! Having grub that cooks quick is gonna come in really handy with the young 'un around.

Great thread as usual and congrats!

Fantastic! Having grub that cooks quick is gonna come in really handy with the young 'un around.

Great thread as usual and congrats!

This is true. Was most interested to see how a new human affects my cooking schedule :becky:. So far I've cooked the same for each night, but one as I ran out of time......but that was due to making the sausage and just wanting to toss a pizza in the oven :biggrin1:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Recipes?

Are these recipes posted somewhere around here?

These look wonderful!!!

I took a class at one of the local butchers in town here, and they gave us some relative measurements on what to start with if making up your own recipe.

Like for ever X lb of pork, at y amount of salt....etc.
For the life of me, I can't find my notes on this.....

Thanks!!

cayenne

Here's the last 2 batches of the 5 done :-D
J9kCMyDl.jpg

wTAqNiil.jpg

W6b7GBHl.jpg

BowXE56l.jpg

Needed a little refreshment
gO3W1LPl.jpg

He's just a little Tenacious...........:becky:
LTwpICPl.png

Rest sealed up
YGkxW1yl.jpg

uQB23rCl.jpg

After sausage lube
s0nYOxpl.jpg

Doing a sampling of all 5 tonight with my folks. Will fire up the egg for this one
2bIVx4Wl.jpg

60lbs was actually a decent amount with a brand new human (go figure :crazy:), but honestly when I ran the kitchen for a year at a q joint it was like cooking all day while managing 3-5 grown children, so pretty much the same thing :p. Glad I got to do it during his first days home. Mom helped like a boss as always and enjoyed sampling all the pan fried testing samples.

Will be a pretty sweet memory/story for when he gets older :-D
35YGYK9l.jpg

Nice work!!

I have my work cut out for me this weekend I"m doing about 65 lbs of sausage, brats and summer sausage.

I look forward to the "packaged and in the freezer" view...with a glass of whisky

Thanks for sharing another adventure with us, Jason.

Huge congratulations on the new addition! Hope you and Momma are getting some rest as able.

Best regards from "out west."

Nice work!!

I have my work cut out for me this weekend I"m doing about 65 lbs of sausage, brats and summer sausage.

I look forward to the "packaged and in the freezer" view...with a glass of whisky

I'm not sure how long total it took me for all of this. Definitely takes some time :-D. As with anything having the prep organized helps :clap2:

Thanks for sharing another adventure with us, Jason.

Huge congratulations on the new addition! Hope you and Momma are getting some rest as able.

Best regards from "out west."

So far so good. I don't sleep great anyways so brain already programmed for that :loco:. If I get 3-4hrs I'm normally pretty good :becky:. Mom is a rockstar.

Awesome! Making sausage is really all about planning it all beforehand. One time I spent at least two days making sausage without planned prep :-D

Are you gonna share the recipes ;) ?

Excellent post Jason. I missed the invite for taste testing :-D ?

How far are you from the Rome / Cedartown area?

Back