4th of July brisket and ribs

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Had a little shindig at our house for the 4th. I had a brisket in the fridge that I picked up at Sam’s for about $2/lb marked down from $4.xx and a couple slabs of spares I trimmed up. Normally I don’t separate my briskets and cook whole but this one spoke to me as I was trimming on it that it wanted to be cut into two...who was I to argue. I considered cooking it hot and fast on the drum, but since I haven’t cooked a brisket that way in a long time and this was for guests, I just wound up cooking it on the Mak 2* instead. I did hang the ribs on the Clonesaker, however. The ribs could’ve gone a little bit longer as they still had a little tug, but nobody complained. After we ate we shot off a bunch of fireworks and had a good time. I woke up to a “hazardous air quality” warning due to the amount of fireworks shot off in town last night. Missouri is the #1 consumer of fireworks after all :thumb:

Oakridge BBQ Competition Beef and Pork on the brisket and Secret Weapon + a light application of Habanero Death Dust on the underside for the ribs.

Last edited:
Great looking cook. Looks like you had no issues having separated the brisket

They both finished probe tender around the same time too. I did wrap in foil to speed things along as I got a later start than I’d have liked, which I think muted some of the flavors a little bit. Next time I trim like this I’ll give the Clonesaker a whirl instead of the pellet grill.

Everything looks great but how many breakfast beers does it take to make brisket talk?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't know how I missed this post, you nailed everything! Very impressive cook and the color on the ribs is phenomenal.

I don't know how I missed this post, you nailed everything! Very impressive cook and the color on the ribs is phenomenal.

Thanks :clap2: they actually had a more cherry color to them but as usual I’m dealing with terrible lighting. Oakridge BBQ rubs are like cheat codes for pretty colored ribs :becky:

A more accurate representation vvv

Back