2022 NE Ohio Fall Bash

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
This is the 3rd annual NEO Bash and we expect this one to be a little special.

The past two years we held the bash the 3rd weekend of October, this year we are moving it a couple of weeks later to Nov. 12th.

We are doing this to celebrate my 60th B-Day and we are having an old fashioned Pig Picking on a block pit (aka Carolina Pit).

Planning on cooking a 120lb hog, so y’all need to come!

Saturday, Nov 12th
Homeworth, OH

I’m cooking the pig overnight with the intent to start Pickin about noon-ish on the 12th

So who’s in?

Would love to attend but unexpected dental work just eliminated my travel budget.

Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.

I'm supposed to be in Houston the previous week for work. But if I can make it back on Thursday, I might be able to drive out on Friday. We'll see... If so, I'll bring the beer.

I’m cooking a whole hog on the hog pit and lots of other stuff.

Live music & good times! Come join us.

Right now the weather is promising

05750d7bde4693652859491448f45b1e.jpg

Noon to whenever (hog will he ready for lunch)

Homeworth, OH

See you then!!

8e5d8a1942d12c6d8bd5c63fbdb2b9f1.jpg

fce4a6cddcd30b621390c7fd2831a132.jpg

John as much as I hate to say it this is not looking good I think I have a Kidney Stone I know I have Them but I believe one is moving I have not given up but right now not looking good

2 weeks from today!

I just got back from picking up a truck load of hickory and will be getting the burn barrel together today.

The neighbor confirmed yesterday that he has a 120lb pig lined up to be delivered Friday evening the 11th.

The weather forecast has been all over the place for the day of the event (from 41F and rainy to low 50s and cloudy), but what popped up today on this forecast is a bit tough to believe.

5d435612fc34eca546835c674d34c2de.jpg

I’m going to remain hopeful that this is not complete fiction.

If you’ve on the fence about joining us, this should be the motivation you need to come.

Unfortunately, I'm out. Not flying back from Houston until that Friday evening. Not gonna get up at midnight to drive out there. :sad:

But Happy B-Day!!! Post lots of pics.

John, this weather we've been having is great and I hope it holds up through Saturday.
My crew is wavering. Could be anywhere from one to six of us. I'll be there for sure.

Forecast has been all over the place. I expect it to be somewhere between snowing and 35F to sunny and 65F.

We will have a great time regardless!

Mu goal is to make it I do have a couple of Kidney stones The 2 that are bothering me are near the bladder Will see how I do with a 600 mile drive

Really wish I was going to be there The weather forecast with my 600 + mile drive kind of pushed me away I hope everyone has a great time Happy Birthday in advance John

Back