2 weeks to Warsaw Who's In ??

Jeff_in_KC said:
Cool idea! :grin:

Someone at Warsaw (can't recall who) watched me put toothpicks in my chicken and told me about a guy who used GREEN toothpicks to shape the thighs and the finished product had green stripes though the middle of the meat from the toothpick bleed! That had to be a bit discouraging for a judge to bite into and see green meat! :lol:

Not if there used to KFC...:icon_smil

Tim and I made that mistake last year...fortunately we had 6 pieces of chicken that hadn't been cocktail toothpick skewered...but, I think one piece got overlooked...the rep mentioned color one entry...they didn't DQ, knew exactly what had happened, etc. Stupid is not necessarily a DQ offense....

We've since abandoned the toothpicks in favor of trimming and gently wrapping the skin back around the thigh...we sweated the toothpick count when we were using them...Tim even wanted to go to stainless skewers at one time -- the search for "perfect" chicken skin continues!!!

spicewine said:
The Rep at Warsaw came by the shop today with our actual Chicken scores prior to the DQ. 2nd place!!!!!! Which would have given us the GC by 20 points!!!

Sometimes you eat the Bear!!

Sometimes the Bear eats you!!

Check for those pix boys!! One can really ruin your day!!

Spice
As tough of a time as Steve was having with this already.....I'm sure this put him the rest of the way under......Dammit, I hate that it happened, especially to him.....tell him to keep his head up and count the damn toothpicks....:frown:

Back