$120 Tuna Casserole 🥘✌️🥘

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Bride ordered tuna from Garibaldi Seafood up in Oregon guessing 4-5 months ago. They called and said order is ready and 12 8oz cans $120 including shipping later, it's here. Anyone else grow up eating tuna casserole with cream of something soup and dang near a whole bag of Lays Potato Chips? Anyway While at Braums getting Lays (Ruffles don't hit the same) picked up some Griffin's Mustard too.
Cream of something Tuna Casserole. Mom had a basic recipe she followed but would often add things to it as well. Peas, olives, green chile etc. Right time of year she'd top it with fried green tomatoes. Not my call. Wife's got cook duties today. Imitation of Family of Six on one income for two.
As John Witherspoon said "cause when you're poor, everything tastes good"

Last edited:
....I gotta know, what makes that stuff worth $10 a can?

I HIGHLY applaud you using it, to make tuna casserole though. That part is fantastic.

Tip from a friend that has visited the cannery. The Bride's deal.She seriously never fusses about anything except we need to eat more fish. I can do this, so I'll be quiet and sit down and eat. Oh, she thinks I need to add more salt.

cowgirl please tell me this isn't the brand of tuna that "got you" mentioned once upon a time

I know I've mentioned this before. My "Tuna Surprise" casserole is similar to what you're making. The "surprise" is, it contains no tuna. :p
I'd use Garibaldi tuna though! Bet it's delicious!!

We'll know in 24 hours

Last edited:
Tip from a friend that has visited the cannery. The Bride's deal.She seriously never fusses about anything except we need to eat more fish. I can do this, so I'll be quiet and sit down and eat. Oh, she thinks I need to add more salt.

Fair enough! I can respect that logic. Looks like it made a tasty meal, which means it was worth the money!

How much did she spend on the ramen? :laugh:

Yikes, that's some expensive tuna to be using in casserole! I drive through Garibalidi frequently. Used to be an awesome diner right there by the cannery that my wife's mom used to work at when she was younger, that we'd stop for lunch every time we were there, but sadly it shuttered up during covid. Anyway, all that to say I've never been to the cannery despite being close to it all the time. I need to make it a point to stop in some time.

Can't wait to see your casserole!

I find it humorous that you are having tuna casserole on a Friday. I spent my childhood years in the 60s when Catholics were not allowed to eat meat on Fridays. At least three Fridays out of the month, our Friday night supper was Mom's tuna fish casserole. Although it was always good, it got old. It was always a treat if we got to eat cheese pizza or fresh fried fish on a Friday night. I guess if we had either the fish or pizza three Friday nights out of the month, I would feel the same way about them as I do tuna casserole. I have been out of the house for over 45 years and I cannot recall eating tuna casserole since that day I left the nest.

I will admit, that casserole sounds pretty good and I see you have a Campbells soup as an ingredient. I am sure that is close to my mom's recipe as she used Campbells soup in almost all of her recipes. I would not mind trying a bite of that casserole. Just don't tell my mom.........

Lager,

Juggy

Disgusting.......growing up Catholic I was force fed that chit most Fridays (my mom believed in no meat on every Friday, not just during Lent). It's one of my all time most hated dishes.........Lol.

Starkist, Cream o' Mushroom, and Macaroni noodles :fish::yuck::puke:

You ain’t gonna believe this Adams, but a couple nights ago Mrs. 4ever3 and I were shooting the breeze and one of us, I don’t remember which said “remember tuna casserole?”

Then this thread comes along.

Synchronicity…

With 4 kids "cereal age" we were probably always low on corn flakes. Just guessing bet that's where the potato chips came in. We always had chips. Always

Last edited:
From Mom's typed recipe book. Mom was MSUing long before MSuing was a thing. But this for me is where it started.

Mr Adams, At least your mother typed out her recipe for you. My five siblings and I are in the process of combining all the recipes our departed mother had sent to each of us. When transcribing some of her handwritten recipes into an email, I found out it had been so long since I had read cursive handwriting that it was almost like reading a foreign language. My mom had beautiful penmanship so it wasn't because of sloppy handwriting that I had the trouble reading the recipes. On a sidenote, the nuns disciplined me by copying pages out of the dictionary and my handwriting became very legible. I wrote enough punishment pages that my cursive writing resembled my mother's so closely I could write my own excuse note for missing skoool. The only cursive writing I do these days is when I sign my name

And by the way, after twelve years of Catholic schooling, I still cower when I see a yard stick.

I don't mind spending more money on something if it's worth it especially if it makes the wife happy!. I actually always liked my Mom's tuna casserole and have been thinking of it a lot lately. Gonna ask for it on my birthday :-D Not doing the Tuna Helper though

Mr Adams, At least your mother typed out her recipe for you. My five siblings and I are in the process of combining all the recipes our departed mother had sent to each of us. When transcribing some of her handwritten recipes into an email, I found out it had been so long since I had read cursive handwriting that it was almost like reading a foreign language. My mom had beautiful penmanship so it wasn't because of sloppy handwriting that I had the trouble reading the recipes. On a sidenote, the nuns disciplined me by copying pages out of the dictionary and my handwriting became very legible. I wrote enough punishment pages that my cursive writing resembled my mother's so closely I could write my own excuse note for missing skoool. The only cursive writing I do these days is when I sign my name

And by the way, after twelve years of Catholic schooling, I still cower when I see a yard stick.

Oh my God, do you mean I was not the only child the "Penguins" had their way with?
Sister Mary Mathew, following a tiny misstep by myself ended up copying
X,Y,Z in its entirety from the red Thorndike Barnhart dictionary on yellow, legal pads instead of ALL recesses until complete.
Oh, and my right ear is longer than my left!!!
Ed

Back