120# of Butt in Progress

jeffreywp1

is one Smokin' Farker
This is my biggest cook to date. I struggled with the temp this morning thinking it was the extra meat but it turned out I didn't have the pit level. That costed me some of my cushion time.

I just seasoned the table meat and all. I lost more of my cushion time due to hangover. I'm debating whether or not to have my BBQ ritual pre noon beer. THERE WILL BE NO MOONSHINE FOR ME TODAY. Tonight, I don't know:biggrin1:

Good luck with the cook!

BTW; lovely looking back patio! Looks like a great place to hang and cook. :thumb:

Bruce

Looking Great! We did 150 last week and I can say the time is worth it..... Keep us posted! Good Job!

Bump up the heat. Butts can easily take 300+.

I plan on bumping up at the stall.

Good luck with the cook!

BTW; lovely looking back patio! Looks like a great place to hang and cook. :thumb:

Bruce

I am at a campground by the lake. It a pretty relaxing environment

It's Saturday, pre noon beer is a must especially while smoking with a hangover.

Nice looking set up.[/QUOTE

I cracked one open at 11:30. I was pretty wobbly this morning

I didn't know how even the pit cooked so I probed the butts. The all are between 8 and 9 pounds and all probed within 10 degrees at 166 average. Holding 250 easy but I'm trying to get to 300 for this stage of the cook.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
When I read the title of the thread to my wife, she said, "I think that thread needs the Sir Mix a Lot song."

As always, she is correct.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JphDdGV2TU"]Sir Mix A Lot - Baby Got Back (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

BTW; I like the look of your butts. :wink:

Bruce

Back