Well Dang

I need to do a brisket soon...haven't done one since before I cut my achilles last summer...almost a year now.
Hope I remember how... :shock:

I saw that price and grade this morning. They had a bunch too.

Wish I had room in my freezer for a "few". It's already chock full of cheap butts, ribs, chicken etc that I got on sales.

Guess I could buy one - but then I'd *have* to cook it.

hmmmm- can't really see anything wrong with that plan.

Sorry in advance for the hijack Smitty...

I need to do a brisket soon...haven't done one since before I cut my achilles last summer...almost a year now.
Hope I remember how... :shock:

You did WHAT!?! Dang man that makes me skin crawl!!!

Nice score Smitty!

Yeah, I see choice and occasional prime packers mixed in with the selects almost every time I check out the briskets in my local wallyworld. Have picked up quite a few prime swifts for under $2 a lb. So yes, it pays to check it out every time I'm there.

I've always wanted to buy a 15-17# trim and cut it down the middle length ways and cook. At 2$ pound Choice I'd be searching for a big B to try. I searched my WWorld yesterday and all selects. All 2 of them. Same at my Sam's. Those Metroplex Texans get good deals

If I could find Briskets at that price I'd probably cook them more often, I really only like the point, flat is OK but usually bag it and use it for Chili, Brisket Chili is awesome by the way. I usually just spend the extra dollar per pound and buy Beef Shorties.

Well done Smitty, stock up. :thumb:

You did WHAT!?! Dang man that makes me skin crawl!!!

Was using a machete to trim out the branches of a tree that had fallen...clearing back to the trunk so I could get at it with the chainsaw. Stopped to take a breather and was holding the machete straight down by my leg...palms were sweaty and the thing just slid out, came straight down and into the back of my left leg, just above the ankle. The tip went straight in at a downward angle and the weight of the machete cause it to fall, with the blade slicing as it fell. Cut over 50% through. Hurts just to think about it!

I'm thinking of hitting up the local Wally Worlds and Sam's this weekend..I needs to do a brisket. :becky:

Like I told you at the bash Smitty, went by the Wally closest to our Son in Benbrook and they had 50+ at $1.96. Get home and check our local and they had 2 to pick from at $4.96. Wish I could have btought some of those Texas ones home.

Back