Black stone griddle and cold temps

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Wanted to cook breakfast on the Blackstone this morning but the outside temp is 28. Any issue firing this thing up in the cold? Will it cause any problems with warping the top??

The top will not warp. The heat comes up too slowly for that. As long as there is no wind you will be ok cooking at that temp. It will just take longer to heat up but it will get hot.

Thanks All - it's warmed up a bit so I think I am going to go for it - will be more like brunch.
Scrapple and eggs are on the menu...

Can you get enough pressure out of a propane tank at 28*F?
Short answer is YES but it depends on the regulator. A couple of weeks ago we were @ 5-10 degrees and I picked up a buddies torch to light the charcoals and it had plenty of power...couldn't believe how well it performed.

You should be good...I have been cooking on my Blackstone.

Blackstones use a low pressure regulator of less than .5 psi (11 water column inches) output. Propane will boil off down to -44. You could use it to near the -44F before getting below the .5 psi. A high pressure regulator for a fryer can still put out about 11 psi at -20F. This means the burners will still work properly at that temp but keeping the cook surface or oil hot enough is a different issue.

Back