Need Some New Ideas for ABTs for the LSU/USC Game Tomorrow.

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Looking forward to the game at 2:30 CT. We've been doing ABTs with cubed and cream cheese with ham, pepperoni and such.

Anyone have any Wizz-Bang Ideas for somthing different.

Thanks. :thumb:

I like cream cheese with crab or shrimp stuffing. Also boudin isn't bad.
Good luck Mike! I know what ever you come up with will be tasty. :-D

Anchovies? and mushed Kalamata olives, garlic.
And Feta. Yogurt / Cucumber dip. Greek ABTs. Lemme know how it goes.

Lots of cool looking Jalapeno Popper dip recipes on the net. Use smoke/roasted Jalapeno instead of the chopped canned most list. Adjust to correct Cajun seasoning. Surround with those bacon crackers and chicken crackers along with a plateful of souped up "regular" abt 's.

I mix 1lb of Jimmy Dean ground chorizo cooked on the griddle with 1/2 lb cream cheese and 1/2 lb queso fresco. Tastes great and leftover filling makes an awesome cheese spread.

I was just thinking chorizo earlier and that sounds fantastic!

I've mixed some maple syrup with pepper and brushed some on the bacon. It adds a little something different and can be used with most of the other suggestions.

Another idea I've heard but not tried (really depends on the people) is slipping in a habenero or something hotter as a surprise.

We still have some big japs available. All will have a bacon wrap because ...well it's Bacon ;D

Thanks to all for the good ideas!

You will post up photos of the feed, right?!!

Smoked hot sausage ground in food processor mixed with cream cheese and sharp cheddar (50/50). Maple syrup drizzled on bacon. Geaux Tigers!

I did those figs stuffed with chorizo wrapped in bacon. But a jalapeno sliver or even stuffed in a jalapeno would be nice.

I always like salty, sweet, savory, spicy flavors together.

Or if they are difficult to come by, use some raspberry jam or similar for sweet. Old Yote has some nice posts with japs and raspberry.

Mike, great thread. I love seeing these ideas. I am now interested in trying the raspberry jam as a dip component with a fried chicken liver stuffed in a jalapeno with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon for smoking.

Thanks to all for the replies. The wife also is going to make afew with marinated chicken strips.

On a side note, Thank you soooo much for all the hard work and overall kind gestures towards my Gamecocks since we are literally waterlogged over the whole state! You just can't beat southern hospitality!!

Back