"Gamebirds & Poultry" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through August 7th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is..."Gamebirds & Poultry!"

20170114_180040_zpsiis4li4j.jpg

This was Tom B's winning entry in the January "Gamebirds & Poultry" Throwdown

As chosen by Ron_L and Stingerhook for winning the "Pork Loin & Tenderloin" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Stingerhook said:
Moose,
We are thinking of having the throwdown with "Gamebirds and Poultry" as there have been some great posts with chicken, turkey, quail, duck, etc...

:thumb:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/21 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/7/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 8/7/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I would love to find a chicken that did not weigh 6 lbs and full of hormones! :tsk:

This is my entry -

My good friend's daughter threw him and his wife a surprise 25th anniversary party, so I volunteered to help with the food. Chicken was requested...

The majority of the thighs and legs got marinated in a home made brew of lime juice, fresh herbs from the garden (thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley, cilantro) lots of garlic, some chilis, salt, fish sauce, sugar. They soaked for 24 hours in the fridge. Then onto the smoker. Even with 75ish pieces, there was still plenty of room :D

V7whkuxh.jpg

QUqubxph.jpg

I also made some straight up BBQ style. Oakridge gamebird and chicken, and some purple pork masters sauce -

7sPe5X1h.jpg

I basted the chicken with a dressing very similar to the marinade. tasty stuff, kind of Argentinian style..

Use this photo for my entry

AvgRxxTh.jpg

First time attempting lollipop drums and they came out great. In fact the kids couldn't get enough of them which is always a good sign. The drums were seasoned with SM cherry rub. Smoked at 300-325 with red oak on the offset for close to an hour, then glazed with homemade bbq sauce. Please use this pic as my entry.

Back