Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Central Iowa BBQ Cruise & Brew Boone,Ia April 25-27

Fat Freddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just curious how many Brethren will be at this back to back contest. According to Ron and Dena's(organizers) facebook there are 12 or 13 states being represented so far. I know several teams who are signed up, but I want to know who else I need to make a point to meet.

You already know me and Shotgun but will will be there.:-D Can't wait to shake off this cold long winter with a double header!

As long as the truck is running, I will be trying to get the rust off the weekend before :-D

It sounds like a really good contest, but we are headed to Gothenburg that weekend.

This is going to be a great event. I plan to be there and walk around talking to teams.

Be on the look out. Ron and Dena are working with us to link this contest with ours in

Minnesota with a nice prize for whoever does the best in his event and ours.
Details to follow.

First thing is just to make sure you participate in this nifty back to back without having to move. Such a great idea. Not surprised that it came from Ron and Dena.

This is going to be a great event. I plan to be there and walk around talking to teams.

Be on the look out. Ron and Dena are working with us to link this contest with ours in

Minnesota with a nice prize for whoever does the best in his event and ours.
Details to follow.

First thing is just to make sure you participate in this nifty back to back without having to move. Such a great idea. Not surprised that it came from Ron and Dena.

I got a bigger trailer than I had at Mason City but will still have my Brethren banner flying so you will know where I am at.

Ron and Dena are doing another back to back at one location in Marshalltown in October.

Freddy, I will look you up and we will have a chat.

Look forward to it.

This promises to be a great contest - or pair of contests.

Freddy, I will look you up and we will have a chat.

Look forward to it.

This promises to be a great contest - or pair of contests.

You gonna do some judgin or just hang out and drink everybodys' beer?
Ed

Hi Ed, hope to see you - understand your cohort David will be on hand as well.

Not judging. Just walking and talking.

I doubt that I will be drinking everyone's beer. Now, apple pie, Jack or the like, well,
that is a different story! Or if I am the designated driver, then it will be a dry night.
But just as much fun.

Hi Ed, hope to see you - understand your cohort David will be on hand as well.

Not judging. Just walking and talking.

I doubt that I will be drinking everyone's beer. Now, apple pie, Jack or the like, well, that is a different story! Or if I am the designated driver, then it will be a dry night. But just as much fun.

I could drive if you want to enjoy :becky:

Phil, what a guy!
Thanks for the offer, but not sure of travel plans yet, or who is coming or
if we are doing a down in back in one day or staying over.
Appreciate the offer though.
Thanks again.

I haven't been keeping up on the contest scene, so I was surprised that there is a contest 15 miles from my restaurant.

My question is what other contest is going on that this is a back to back?

I haven't been keeping up on the contest scene, so I was surprised that there is a contest 15 miles from my restaurant.

Same location, first contest is traditional Fri/Sat. Go to awards on Sat and then start all over again for Sun. turn ins.

Its a 2fer one set-up two days to do your best

So should I get dinner at your place friday? I'm camping at the Ledges and judging both days

Its a 2fer one set-up two days to do your best

So should I get dinner at your place friday? I'm camping at the Ledges and judging both days

I am closing, so I will be there. I have a couple different selections that aren't traditional BBQ so you be burnt out before you get there.

203 S State ST
Madrid IA 50156

Open 'til 9pm

I am closing, so I will be there. I have a couple different selections that aren't traditional BBQ so you be burnt out before you get there.
203 S State ST
Madrid IA 50156
Open 'til 9pm

I'll look for you :becky:

I'll be there from Thursday on doing the volunteer thing. If they need me to judge I can do that too, but I'll probably be doing a lot of the behind the scenes stuff like getting teams to their spaces, meat inspection, parking, etc. It might be fun to let some other folks sit in the tent for once. :grin:

I will look for everybody Saturday. Dena asked me to help judge - must be hard up!

After judging I will be around for a while talking with teams.

We finalized the prize for the collaboration between this contest and ours.

The best total score from one of the back to back plus Smokin in Steele score gets
free entry into both contests next year. Since Boone will be back to back again, it will be for one of the 2.

A nice way to reward participation in both contests and encourage participation across
state lines.

See everybody Saturday.

Back