IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "Let's See Your Best Grillshots!"*** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "Let's See Your Best Grillshots!"*** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Our new September Special TD category is...

"Let's See Your Best Grillshots!
"

IMG_2934.jpg

ABT's from the 2012 BBQ Research Project, also the location of SoCal Bashes.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. This is an OPEN CATEGORY, meaning you can cook anything you like as long as it conforms to Standard Throwdown Rules, and your entry photo shows your food cooking on the grill.

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/29 through Sunday 9/29/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 9/30/14.

Click here to
READ THE RULES
for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Seriously Peeps. That would have been a great entry. Too bad...

Would that have been a quadruple entry?

Edit: nope that was the abts from the bacon/spicy/vets vs noobs TDs I was thinking of

Would that have been a quadruple entry?

Edit: nope that was the abts from the bacon/spicy/vets vs noobs TDs I was thinking of
I don't even think a quadruple entry is possible in the current format since there are only ever 2 concurrent weekly throwdowns and 1 special monthly throwdown.

You know...This one could be a real drag for me.

Well, I do have a kilt. And ghillie boots...

Well, I'm just wondering who's going to be coming in second. I'm gonna make this baby purrrrr.

IMG_2440.jpg

No, I'm not gonna put a cat in there. :tsk:

That sure is a Dilly of a grill, Gore! :thumb:

I also notice that you cooked the entry you submitted yesterday in the Spicy TD using the microwave setting on the Optigrill, so I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.

Just sayin'...

:biggrin1:

That sure is a Dilly of a grill, Gore! :thumb:

I also notice that you cooked the entry you submitted yesterday in the Spicy TD using the microwave setting on the Optigrill, so I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.

Just sayin'...

:biggrin1:

In actuality, I did not use the "microwave" setting -- It is the "micro" light that came on. For some reason, the "micro" light comes on if I press the "optiquick," "micro," or the "Grill" settings :noidea:. As near as I can tell, those buttons determine the conditions of the cook, "Optiquick" for instance, appears to be "hot and fast." The "micro" and "Grill" settings appear to provide more control for "low and slow" cooks. I haven't explored these settings thoroughly. I have not yet explored the "Optigrill" setting. I believe the "micro" light came on because it is a relatively small cup of coffee and not a whole pizza or an entire chicken. I suspect it is a very intelligent and environmentally friendly grill and it knows not to build a large fire when a small fire will do. When I do grill an entire chicken, I will let you know what happens. :thumb: As far as counting the chickens before they hatch, I would suspect there would be only one chicken per egg. But do you really think it is possible to hatch and cook the chicken in one step as you suggest? It would be amazing to put an egg in there, press the chicken setting and watch the egg hatch and then cook the chicken all with a press of the button. I had no idea these things were so advanced.

Back