THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frocco

Found some matches.
hello,
New user and also new to charcoal cooking.
Was looking at the char broil tru infrared Kettleman and weber master touch.
Also looked at Stok drum because I like iron top grid.

Is the infrared just a gimmick?
Need help deciding...

Thanks

Geez, if you do nothing else, GO GET the rotisserie !!!!!

Then figure out which Weber it will go onto.......

The CharBroil may be OK, but I know of no one that has one to then get a review about performance & service.....not quite sure what it means with the infrared, it's charcoal & you can get a Vortex cone to do extra high heat on any of these machines.....

A Weber, on the other hand, if even used & under 10 years old, may be able to get parts under partial or full warranty ( I don't want to speak out of turn on this, but I've seen amazing customer service stories time & again from them)

The Mastertouch grate is extra heavy duty, has the removeable center you can set their wok or a larger one into, also other pieces are available to fit the center section.....it has a lid bale, so that's about like the hinge lid on the others, it's taller than normal as of this year, which is a plus for a lot of folks....

The iron grates on the Stok may be nice, but there's other ones that will fit Weber & the others also (Craycort, Chargrill center 18" removeable, etc.)

The ash pan system on Stok & CharBroil will drive you buggy, I can almost guarantee it (sorry, I've used Stok & a different C.Broil briefly at other people's homes & they aren't that good)

Now for used.....you can find Webers all over the place on CL & garage sales & estate sales......some ares of the country are easier to find them for a decent deal, but they are out there.....
They can be, in most cases, cleaned & rehabbed to almost like new.....if you go that route, we can send you to step-by-step easy guides to do that......

One final thing, I'm biased......all the Kettles below were free......flip grates were the only expense.....

Jan29Danaedad064.jpg

There's a strong contingency of Weber Kettle fans around here, and for good reason. The design is straight forward, with little in the way between you and a successful cook.

Some might add other grills/smokers, yet many keep and continue to use their Kettles.

Go Weber.

My advice would be to stick to the better known manufacturers that have proven they can produce a well made product that will perform better than expected. Weber is one that will not disappoint.

Years ago, I had a lot of different cookers I got for free. The only one I've ever paid for was a kettle. If it will fit on the kettle's grate, I can cook it. It's as simple as that.

Either will be great for your intended purpose. Just pick the one that you like for whatever reason. Like others, I prefer Weber myself. I have been using a Weber kettle since the early 70's with good results so I stick with it. No need to mess with success or change now. But again, either will serve you well.

Well if you want to try the charbroil go ahead. I never had one. Try it and well let us know what you think. Don't rely on the dome for temp though no matter who makes it those temps are incorrect.

Back