There's a Butt on my Egg

Barnum

Reaction score
Well to start things off I had a pretty interesting cook this week I though it would share.... Local meat market calls it Jalapeño Chicken Almighty. Chicken breast stuffed with jalapeño summer sausage and wrapped with Bacon!

On to today, well, last night I guess. Got a Butt all rubbed up with Oakridge Secret Weapon, received a package this week with that, Black Ops and some Habenero Death Dust. butt went for a little nap in the fridge until morning.

This morning, up for 5am started the BGE and made a pot of coffee. All was going well until I started making breakfast, forgot about the BGE and it got a little hot, after a cool down and sustaining an even 260F, I brought out the Butt!

Currently still rolling at about 260F...... Got a lot of work to get done today so we will check back in a few hours, don't worry, more pics to come!

Sorry for the lack of replies, internet was spotty last night. Took about 11hrs, got up to. 197F internal temp, cooking at 265F. Was delicious, big fan of the Secret Weapon and the. Blues Hog original.

Pre wrap

Better pic pre-wrap

Pulled out the bone

Sure looks dee-lish from here!

Almighty bird looks all mighty tasty, too!

Back