New temperate probe by Lava Tools

SmokyWoodturner

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I like my temperature monitor tools from Thermopen but was just reading about the Lava Tools Carbon kit. It's Bluetooth withyour phone and the probe has a tip that reads internal temp and the back end of the probe reads the ambient temp. Sounds neat. Any Brethren out there tried it???

without knowing what thing looks like, the functionality sounds similar to the Meater probe that so far is kickstarter vaporware. ill google it now

I like it!

https://lavatools.co/products/carbon-lite

It's not as ambitious as the Meater probe in that it is not a completely wireless solution (and doesn't have all the electronic goodies inside the probe, but it is available today at a much cheaper price point.

carbon-lite.png

No Android app as of yet, apple only for now. I messaged them asking it the sender unit is waterproof.

Very neat although I'm sure many people would like additional probes.

I am going to go ahead and order it. Most of us have units with multiple probes but most of the time cooker temp and food temp is enough. ��Another gizmo for the collection�� Will post a report

If it holds up and is accurate it looks like a great deal. Thanks for sharing.

The geek in me is intrigued by the duel probe design... But I've had problems with Blue Tooth thermometers in the past, always lost signal unless I was right around the smoker. Bluetooth itself is just to limited, my BT headphones do the same thing - have to be sitting near the device for it to work. I've been using my Thermoworks Smoke with remote and have loved it so far. I can walk around my entire acre, inside my house or out and not loose signal. I'm also looking forward to the Smokes WiFi addition coming out. I have an android so the cabon wouldnt be an option for me now anyway.

Got my Carbon Lite and have tried to use it. Bluetooth is not good at all. Very weak. Also having trouble keeping it set for a temperature--it goes off and says foods done and my other show the food nowhere near. Can't return it because it has been used
SAVE YOUR MONEY for some thing more useful

Got my Carbon Lite and have tried to use it. Bluetooth is not good at all. Very weak. Also having trouble keeping it set for a temperature--it goes off and says foods done and my other show the food nowhere near. Can't return it because it has been used

Thanks for TOFTT...They wont let you return it??? Hmm...I won't buy from the company no matter how much they improve the probe then. How are you supposed to figure out if it's worth keeping without using it???

Tell them to send you a new probe. Then a new sending unit. Then if they want the broken parts back, tell them to send a pre-paid shipping label. Keep annoying them til they make it right.

I just put my wallet back in my pocket. Thanks for the heads up

Back