Choice Brisket 1.77#

Dang...stores around me are doing $.98/lb pork butts. No brisket deals...guess that's what you get living in Tx.

I picked one up for $1.67 a lb a week or so ago. Going to cook it Sunday

Thanks for the heads up Adams! If I miss the $1.49lb sale here I'll definitely check United.
Would make great ground brisket burger too. :thumb:

Dang!

I'm getting ready to spend $4.99 a pound on a Prime, choice is only .50 cheaper. :shock:

At that price I would be buying all I could throw a couple in the freezer and grinding the rest for hamburger, at least 80/20 hamburger is only $2.50 a pound at the commissary.

Round point, thick even flat- white fat and somewhat floppy

I'm probably not going to buy a cart full- I'm thinking two will do nicely 11-13#

i just picked up a couple choice packers from ....wait for it ... Target lol. Sadly, they are excel packed.. but for 1.99lb i figured id give them a go.

It's a great day to live in North Texas!!!! Kroger has Choice Briskets at $1.67 per pound, and Loin Back Ribs for $1.88!!!!! Albertsons Choice Briskets at $1.58 and Spare Ribs $$1.58!!!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Brisket has gone back up around here. Was at RD a few days ago getting some other stuff and checked out all the meat prices as I always do and was $3.50/lb. A month or 2 ago it was $2.55'ish.

Restaurant Depot is selling at actual market price, and I'm pretty sure that the grocery stores in my area are selling below cost just to get us in the door and walking out with all of the other more profitable things we need with our Briskets!

I'm going to turn a couple of Briskets into Ground Beef over the weekend!

F'n Texas. I was lucky enough to get a 15lb choice packer for 2.68lb here in PA. And thats a mistake on whoever labeled it.

Back