MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
eagle697
is one Smokin' Farker

Default grill extender

I stopped by a local store to pick up a grill extender so i can cook four buts on my grill dome instead of two. I was surprised at how short the legs are on it and can;t see how it would sit on top of two buts with out resting directly on the meat. Is this how it is supposed to be? I have never used on before and am interested in the additional space it would provide. I was talking with the salesperson and they mentioned the new three tiered rack. Has anyone used on e of these yet? Any thought on it? what about the specs on spacing between the different grills?
Thanks

2 NB Banderas, Imperial Kamado #5, Imperial Kamado #0, Large Grill Dome, Large Primo Kamado, 22.5 Weber Silver, 18.5 Weber Silver
eagle697 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
CaptGrumpy
is one Smokin' Farker

Just buy a replacement grill for a weber and buy 3 bolts 9 washers and 9 nuts and you will pay less for a better extender.
I did this one for over my briskets

[COLOR=red]Red Thermapen & Red Guru DigiQII[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkgreen]Large Big Green Egg[/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=yellowgreen]adopted 25MAR08[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=darkgreen]Small Big Green Egg[/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=yellowgreen]adopted 01JUN08[/COLOR][/SIZE]
CaptGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
eagle697
is one Smokin' Farker

I will have to try that. Do you have a pick of the legs and how they are attached? I think i figured out the feet.

2 NB Banderas, Imperial Kamado #5, Imperial Kamado #0, Large Grill Dome, Large Primo Kamado, 22.5 Weber Silver, 18.5 Weber Silver

Old 06-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
eagle697
is one Smokin' Farker

sorry. I just saw it on your thread. I will have to try that.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:06 AM   #5
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

These work great for light stuff and are inexpensive.

http://www.acemart.com/search.ep?keyWords=steamer+rack

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote