Let's try something different but delicious.

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Lengua or beef tongue went on the wsm. Used lump and got temps up to 275-300.

508FEF1E-4FCB-4CC1-A3F0-080385DBEFB2.jpg

No water pan was used.
Seasoned only with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Some wosterchire.

235763E8-F2AD-47EC-A288-94E56AF364C4.jpg

This was smoked for 6 hours.

0AA6EEBC-BFC2-477B-8D1D-4FD93D246708.jpg

Plated and ready to eat.

D8848FA9-D159-4F0E-B86A-829B930ACEAF.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tony and Maribel

It sure looks more appetizing shredded than it does when served sliced and seeing the taste buds tasting you back!

Delicious looking tacos, T&M!!!

OK, This is a thing of beauty:

0AA6EEBC-BFC2-477B-8D1D-4FD93D246708.jpg

LOVE tongue tacos! Unfortunately, I can't cook them at home and can only get them at the Taqueria, but you takes what you can gets.

Looks great! How did you keep it so moist looking? I've got a tongue in the freezer just begging to be turned into tacos, and this new twist looks like the ticket! I've only ever cooked them in a pan. Think I'll surprise the wife and kids and break the news what dinner was after dessert!

Looks great! How did you keep it so moist looking? I've got a tongue in the freezer just begging to be turned into tacos, and this new twist looks like the ticket! I've only ever cooked them in a pan. Think I'll surprise the wife and kids and break the news what dinner was after dessert!

Maybe it was the wosterchire and sun that gave it the shine.

Smoke for 3 hours and then wrap with apple juice. This cook took about 6 hours. It's done when you can peel of the skin or cut off the skin.

Darn you, Tony! I have two hours before I can get lunch and those tacos have me drooling!

Have you posted the salsa recipe before? It looks great!

One of my favorites, although I have never had it smoked

Nothin better than lengua tacos. Look killer as always Tony.

Darn you, Tony! I have two hours before I can get lunch and those tacos have me drooling!

Have you posted the salsa recipe before? It looks great!

I don't remember.

4 tomatillos
6 jalapeños
3 garlic cloves.
The above items need to be roasted on the grill or cast iron.

After that put in a blender with 1/4 onion, 1/4 bunch of cilantro. 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of black pepper.

Blend then taste to see if more salt is needed.

While those tacos look great, I just haven't been able to force myself to try tongue. The idea of my food tasting me while I am tasting it. One day I'll give it a try...

:wacko:

While those tacos look great, I just haven't been able to force myself to try tongue. The idea of my food tasting me while I am tasting it. One day I'll give it a try...

:wacko:

I hear you. This just to be cheap eats. I grew up on this. Kids would usually have this and the Carne Asada for adults. Paid 5.99 lb.

Tried this once it was a complete disaster :doh:. Came out tough as nails. But you definately nailed it. Do you have any recipe for making beef cheeks (cachete)? Those are probably the best tasting beef tacos imo.

Never tried beef lengua, but at a Polynesian luau some friends threw they did a whole hog in a traditional imu pit bbq. When I jokingly put the cooked pigs ear on my plate, the old Hawaiian pitmaster gave me the pork tongue (he peeled the skin and taste buds off first :smile:), and SURPRISE - it tasted just like pork.

I think I'll get some lengua tacos next time I go to my local taqueria.

Tried this once it was a complete disaster :doh:. Came out tough as nails. But you definately nailed it. Do you have any recipe for making beef cheeks (cachete)? Those are probably the best tasting beef tacos imo.

Haven't made cachete. Now I'm curious. I will ask and see if I can get them.

Call me old school or maybe it should be new school but as good as it looks...... I just don't think I could bring myself to eat it, knowing what it is. I know it's just another muscle but.....

Back