question about a brinkman smoker

10-7

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have a Brinkman 2 door cabinet smoker.I made several mods to it and it works ok but I think it could work better.The cabinet as you know is made with thin metal.I have heard that you can put on different things on the outside.I was wondering if you could use ceramic tile on the inside of the smoker.any advise on how to make the smoker hold temp better is appreciated.Thanks :becky:

what is hardy backer ? I'm clueless

It is cement board. I've never tried that personally. How about an old thick blanket? I have seen guys use them at cold weather comps, like a U-haul packing blanket. Cut and duck tape to fit. Basically, the easiest way is to just add some kind of insulation that you can put on as necessary on colder days. I've also seen guys just wrap some kind of insulation around their drum smokers and bungee around the top and bottom to hold it.

I put chimney bricks on the inside of my firebox for my cheap offset, works like a charm! Make sure everything seals tight and doesn't let the heat out. The best mod you could make is save your money and upgrade...UDS is a good starting point.

question about brinkman smoker

Here are the pics that Smitty requested.

Attachments

• pics of smoker 001.JPG
    pics of smoker 001.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 56
  • pics of smoker 002.JPG
    pics of smoker 002.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 55
  • pics of smoker 003.JPG
    pics of smoker 003.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 55
  • pics of smoker 004.JPG
    pics of smoker 004.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 55
You can wrap it in this too....

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Reflectix-ST16025-Staple-Insulation-Inch/dp/B000BQSYRO/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1398311701&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=reflective+insulation"]Amazon.com: Reflectix ST16025 Staple Tab Insulation 16 Inch x 25 ft Roll: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lg3oxYv0L.@@AMEPARAM@@51lg3oxYv0L[/ame]

Back