Pork Brisket Spareribs

k9paws

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi,
My wife bought some Pork Brisket Spare Ribs that she wants me to smoke.
I've never heard of them before, much less know how to smoke them.
Any suggestions? Sure would appreciate the help.
Thanks
Gary

A pork brisket is the breast bone area from a rack of spares that has been cut off to make ST Louis cut ribs. If it was me I'd hit it with S&P & smoke it for a few hrs while it's smokin quick soak some pintos drop it in the beans and cook 'em up.

I am wondering why they would sell those. Heck if there is a market for em go for it and if there is I am going to be sick about all the ones that I have thrown away over the last 15 years.:shock:

When I Googled "Pork Brisket Spareribs", it showed whole spares with the sternum attached.
spares_zps0319a520.jpg

I remove the membrane, apply some rub, and cook at 250-275 deg until a toothpick inserts easily.
5-13-15_zpsms2gqrj1.jpg

The sternum pulls out easily after cooking, and they slice the same as any other rib. Always moist and full of flavor.

I think this is a by-product of the new changes in naming pork product. A while back they decided that pork needed to be named like beef cuts to make it easier for the uninitiated to understand. That's why there are pork porterhouses and ribeyes now. Gone is the center cut chop. So this may just be part of that. Then again I could be completely wrong.

Back