First time t bone

I got a new toy!

Used it to light up

Although I think I prefer the less hands on approach. By that I mean the chimney.

Nice toy.

Wow never cooked a T-bone.

I see your not from around here. Are T-bones not common in Israel? Just curious

Nice toy.

Wow never cooked a T-bone.

I see your not from around here. Are T-bones not common in Israel? Just curious

I usually buy sinta. I believe you call them strip steak.
It's just what my family and I like. Sometimes fille (tenderloin?) because my wife likes it. And almost all butchers have them.
It's not usual to find T-bone in butcher shops here and it's more expensive then than strip. So l just never got to try making them. Not a lot of restaurants serve them either. So I guess you can say it's uncommon here.
You should know almost all beef in Israel is imported.

Ok thanks for that.

Did you know T-bone/ porterhouse (just a large t bone) is a strip steak on one side and a fillet on the other. Sounds like the perfect steak for you and the wife

Ok thanks for that.

Did you know T-bone/ porterhouse (just a large t bone) is a strip steak on one side and a fillet on the other. Sounds like the perfect steak for you and the wife

Yes I did know.
BTW when I wrote about imported beef I was referring to quality beef for steaks like rib eye, sirloin, tenderloin etc.
Other parts are sold from domestic cows.

Chicken breasts ready!

I'm going to start my cook a little early today........you're making me hungry, OferL! :-D

I'm going to start my cook a little early today........you're making me hungry, OferL! :-D

It's the time difference you know... :grin:

Pulled them out a few degrees below MR. And now to burn them all!

I forgot to mention they were dry brined overnight.

Kids... Can't finish their food... When I was their age if I didn't finish I wasn't allowed to leave the table! And no one served ne steak!

Well my plate is there too... Too much for one meal. It'll be good for tomorrow's lunch I think.

Looks fantastic OferL! Beautiful steak, looks perfect!

Back