BlueTherm Duo

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Thinking about asking for one of these for Christmas

Who has one, do you like it?

I had one and sold it.

It wasn't because it didn't work, but rather the distance from my smoking building to my home. You are limited to the Bluetooth capability of your smartphone.

Keep in mind it doesn't speak to a computer, or to a remote, just your smartphone when it is in the range of Bluetooth connection. If you stray from the house or yard you lose all connectivity to the device...

It worked well, but not with great distance for my application.

Last edited:
I too sold mine, I think it's a better oven toy due to the Bluetooth limitation. Get a maverick they have a long distance version now and mine is the previous version. It's puts the blutherm to shame on distance

Anyone who has actually kept it?

It's really a matter of what you expect to get from it's use. Just because it didn't meet my needs, doesn't mean it's not a good device. Simply put it was a poor choice for my application, not a bad device. Simply put, I should have done my homework before choosing and buying it.

If your smoker is just outside the back door on the patio, it will probably work great. My problem was the distance of my smoking shed from the house (100+ feet).

Remember it is only capable of monitoring the pit/meat temperatures within Bluetooth range only on a smartphone (or other device that has Bluetooth connectivity) that is able to run the DuoTherm application.

Just to be clear: You cannot monitor it through an internet connection from anywhere outside of Bluetooth range.

It is very accurate and there is a wide variety of probes available to use.

Great thermometer, but the bluetooth feature is not great. You can see the display from the same distance as the bluetooth range.

I love Thermoworks, but I wish they made something like this that uses radio technology like the Maverick.

I have one and Love it charts temps on slow cooks, Bluetooth is limited but I found a way around that if you have apple tv leave the device near the smoker and mirror the image on you tv. I usually am within range of it and love how it works.

Back