Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Whiting Weber Amateur BBQ competition May 9

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
Just wondering if any brethren will be there? We are going to be there with our two 14.5" WSMs. Should be fun. Just chicken, ribs, and chef's choice. If any brethren are there feel free to swing by and say hello.

We were going to cook this one, but something came up and we had to cancel again this year. Maybe some day we'll be able to cook it again.

So how did it go?

ps: I spoke with Donna Fong today at the comp in Long Beach, CA about your efforts with the 14.5 WSM. She said it was cool if you wanted to contact her to talk. If you want her email just let me know, and I will PM it to you

Yeah that would be cool. I would appreciate that. We got slaughtered though. I am a bit baffled with the results. I think we put out a way better product than we did in Lanexa and we got 4th out of 5 in ribs and chicken and 5 out 5 on chefs choice. I think in the backyard comps it is hard to get any consistent judging. It was odd even last years first place and second place teams were in the bottom this year. There is always next year. We still got the one in Buckhannon so we at least got a chance to redeem ourselves. I tell you I am not even remotely upset this year. We did our best and I feel that we put out the best possible product we could. Not like last year where it all went up in flames. We made all turn ins and it all went smooth. We will compete there again more out of stubbornness than anything. It was cool though Black Dog Barbecue won and it was Vince and his daughter competing under the team name whole they used one uds. I know that Vince reads from the shadows so congrats to him and his daughter for their awesome GC!

Back