No sauce Ribs

Rolling Egg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've found myself using no sauce on most of my recent rib cooks. I guess as I get older I'm turning into a rib purist! My dad is on board with it, and says my dry ribs are his favorite dish. Anyone else prefer no sauce?? Damn they're good!

Nice color, those look really good. Some times I put a thin brushing of sauce on my ribs sometimes I don't. Just depends on what I feel like.

Agree, cooking nekid is the way I roll.:razz:

Those ribs look awesome!!! I've been getting away from the sauced ribs as well. Even my kiddos on the wife are liking them without the sauce.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I never sauce my ribs in the cooker, just a seasoning rub, leaving sauce off to side on the plate

I don't sauce, unless my wife asks me to, which doesn't happen very often. I don't even use a lot of sugar in the rub.

I far prefer dry ribs. I offer sauce on the side, but it mostly gets ignored.

I've become more of a no sauce guy with everything except pulled pork. Also find that I much prefer spares over baby backs these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I judge competitions from time to time and virtually everything is sauced and set. My ribs NEVER see sauce. If folks ask for it, I send 'em home :)

I've been cooking naked spares for years now; just S&P or Canadian Steak Seasoning. I'll serve sauce on the side for those who want it. Most of my family and friends eat my ribs without sauce. The pork flavor combined with the wood and charcoal is just ...mmmm!

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
I have never sauced my ribs. They are plenty good without it. I don't think I have ever even dipped my ribs in sauce come to think of it.

Great looking ribs....

Although I don't sauce my ribs unless someone specifically asks, I do spritz them with apple juice/white grape juice to form a beautiful glossy sheen on them.

I also serve the sauces on the side to give those who prefer sauce, several different sauces to try with their ribs at one sitting.

I haven't sauced my ribs since I botched the first few racks I ever did. Now, after I cut them all up, I stare at my friends and family in the eyes, long and hard, as I put a bottle of sauce on the far opposite end of the table. I've had the same bottle since last year, never touched except for pulled pork.

Back