When do they announce the Sams...

bradgreer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know about when they will announce the locations for the 2015 Sams tour?

Thanks,

It might come earlier since they have commitment from Sams already, but I'd still expect January.

it's on the schedule for tonight's BOD meeting. The notes say it has been reviewed by the KCBS staff, now going to the BOD for review in private session. Not sure if that means tonight or not.

is it a invitational or first come first serve. Sorry, I'm a rookie.

The contest is done in separate rounds. The first round is first come, and is limited to 30 teams. There are several locations throughout the US. The top 6 teams at each "local" event then qualify for the regional contests and the top 10 from each regional go on to the Finals in Bentonville.

I hope they rearrange it right to the brand new Sam's that is about 1.5 miles down the road from me.

In the past, store performance has been one of the major factors in selecting which clubs Sam's wants to use. It's unlikely a new club would be selected, but I guess we will find out next month.

On or about December 7th is bigger window than I had expected when I read the minutes.

The special meeting minutes said 12/7

"Dave Compton: I move that the Sam's Club Tour schedule has been tentatively approved. Schedule to be posted on or about December 7th. Preston 2nd. Passed."

Last edited:
Typical KCBS. Don't say it's gonna be around a date and then wait 1-2 weeks. Should of never put a date out there. Just my .02.

Agreed.

I'm just curious how they can make a motion and approve it then at a subsequent meeting, open it up for discussion?

It's already been voted on. Time to act.

Im guessing that there is quite a bit of advertising that is going on with it. its not just a single contest in some podunk town, its a big dollar tour. Gotta have everyone lined up before the ball drops

Back