THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nachos4life

Take a breath!
I need to have 50 lbs of cooked brisket and 40 lbs of cooked pulled pork cooked by a certain time on a certain day.

I planned on cooking around 100lbs of brisket (approx 9 twelve pounders with some trimming) and 80lbs of pork butt (approx 9 nine pounders).

now I am thinking I should cook and extra brisket and butt so we aren't cutting it too close.

What would you do?

the extra meat will not be a problem to deal with, i just don't want tooooo much extra!

thanks!
chris

I've cooked more pulled pork in quantities than brisket, so with 9 9lb'ers, you'll have plenty of pulled pork.

update: had more than enough pulled pork for sure. ended up with about 6 or 7 lbs of cooked brisket left which was perfect because me and my partner were planning on taking bbq to our family Christmas parties!

Back