New Oreleans!

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Headed there on Friday for a week. If you got somthing that is a must see or must eat / drink please let us know.

Thanks

SD

I posted this for peeps a while back. From my nola people.....

these are all recommendations from my NOLA crew........ (this is a copy/paste from facebook comments, so forgive the prose)

"Brunch at palace cafe will yield Cochon du Lais eggs Benedict. Verti marte's 24 hour delivery of an all that jazz poboy will make him name his next child after it. A cab ride to Cochon will make him want to switch over to the dark side.

Bourbon house has a great oyster bar and an even better happy hour.

Green Goddess or Lillete for dinner. Root or Patois for lunch. Fat Hen or Atchafalaya for brunch

Satsuma or La Boulangerie for breakfast. Cure, Bombay club, or Tonique for licka

On the super cheap, turtle bay has kick ass pizza and a Cochon du lais po boy that will make a grown man blush. The 20 beers on tap don't hurt either.

Elizabeth's or Oceana for brunch
Domilise's, Liuzza's, and of course Central Grocery for a food poyboy/muffuletta. Turtle Bay for yummy BBQ pizzas!
Beer= Avenue Pub or sit on the outside patio at the Bulldog

Buffa's Sunday Jazz Brunch is pretty fun too! Fried green beans ftw!

And of course let's move onto the drinks: hand grenade (gotta have at least one), pat o's hurricane, pimm's cup from The Carousel Bar, Sazerac from the Sazerac Bar....just to name a few :)

Aunt tikis is the place to get down with cheap drinks and seedy people and a great juke box

I was gonna suggest some stuff in the M-I-D (Midcity) like Parkway Tavern, Doson Noodle House, Taqueria Guererro Mexico, or Venezia Italian, but seems things have already been sorted.

If you want a good burger, go to Yo Mama's on St. Peter between Bourbon and Royal.

**** Cafe at the Square for brunch we serve till 2 on the weekends. we are at saint Charles and poydras. Check out our website. Only a few blocks from canal street. Not a far walk. Should have prices and what not I believe."

Last edited:
Forgot about Central Grocery for a Muffaleta..Cafe Du Monde and the Lucky Dog carts in the French Quarter that was mentioned earlier. Have a great time.

BREAKFAST - there's a reason there's a line every morning!
sausage and egg biscuit
Mother's
401 Poydras St
---
Deja Vu
400 Dauphine Street
get the Gator Balz
---Cochon
930 Tchoupitoulas St
fried alligator with chili garlic mayonnaise
seriously - I licked the plate!
-------
Vaughan's (you have to see Kermit Ruffin on Thurs)
800 Lesseps St - Bywater
probably the cheapest place to drink within 5 miles of the Quarter
----
Cafe Du Monde
Beignets & Coffee
800 Decatur St
----
Johnny's Po-Boys
511 St Louis St (x-street Decatur)
Muffuletta
my second choice after Central Grocery in the Quarter
----
if you need a cookbook
Kitchen Witch Cookbooks
631 Toulouse St (between Royal & Chartres)
----
if you need supplies
Rouse's Supermarket
701 Royal St - French Quarter
or
701 Baronne St
----
good for brunch
Coop's Place
1109 Decatur St

Back