Cooking Class QSB & Southern Q Family Cook School

J&B'sBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Que'n Stew'n & Brew'n Cook School
Acworth, GA (30101)

QSB BBQ cooking School. February 2017.

Featuring Scott Smith, with Guest Teachers Jeremy Moyers (Moyer's Competition BBQ Team),Beth Mewborn (J&B'sBBQ) & Tina Cannon (The Pit Crew Georgia).
Spots still available southernqsmokers.com

$700 per person with a spouse discount

This is the class where my team really turned the corner to find the success we have in the last two years. I always recommend classes to teams who are looking to improve, and this is the class where I learned many of the techniques and bases for recipes that I still use today.

15178161_1496086133740263_2307287861990556918_n.jpg

Attachments

• 15202656_1489504491065094_3492881155504417430_n.jpg
    15202656_1489504491065094_3492881155504417430_n.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 232
Beth-
How much involvement are you, Jeremy, and Tina going to have in the class?

Beth-
How much involvement are you, Jeremy, and Tina going to have in the class?

That's a great question Chad! Using Scott's recipes, Jeremy will be cooking the low & slow method on his gravity feed (last year I cooked) while Scott cooks on his water cooker.

Jeremy, Tina, and myself of us will happily answer questions about processes and timelines as there are some differences from the water cooker to the gravity fed style.

The way the class is presented is that you are able to take Scott's recipes and adapt them to either a hot & fast method or a low & slow based on your smoker and your needs. I can tell you that personally my processes are very similar to Scott's, so if there is a method you really like, I can tell you how to use it at a lower temperature. We will also share meat placement and timelines.

I hope that makes sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
Signed up and looking forward to it. Been wanting to take Scott's class for a couple years, but just haven't had the chance until now.

That's a great question Chad! Using Scott's recipes, Jeremy will be cooking the low & slow method on his gravity feed (last year I cooked) while Scott cooks on his water cooker.

Jeremy, Tina, and myself of us will happily answer questions about processes and timelines as there are some differences from the water cooker to the gravity fed style.

The way the class is presented is that you are able to take Scott's recipes and adapt them to either a hot & fast method or a low & slow based on your smoker and your needs. I can tell you that personally my processes are very similar to Scott's, so if there is a method you really like, I can tell you how to use it at a lower temperature. We will also share meat placement and timelines.

I hope that makes sense.

Sure does, that's what I figured. Gotta scrounge up $700 to take the class!

Signed up and looking forward to it. Been wanting to take Scott's class for a couple years, but just haven't had the chance until now.

Awesome! Looking forward to hanging out with y'all that weekend :)

Sure does, that's what I figured. Gotta scrounge up $700 to take the class!

It is well worth the cost. I was in the black on the cost of the class after 2 contests when we took it. Santa helped pay for it that year :grin:.

Definitely, wanted to take this class but I'll be out of town that's weekend :sad:

Took the class last year. Learned that I was overcomplicating EVERYTHING! The other nice thing was that it was like 3 classes in one with the additional teams. All my questions were answered. Great class!

Took the class last year. Learned that I was overcomplicating EVERYTHING! The other nice thing was that it was like 3 classes in one with the additional teams. All my questions were answered. Great class!

Scott makes everyone's processes seem overcomplicated :biggrin1:.

That was a huge take away for me 2 years ago too. I am able to pay attention to the details that matter now instead of the stuff that doesn't.