3 22 lb turkeys at Publix! Had to get them!

jbounds286

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
so omg u wouldnt believe that publix sold big turkeys! i saw them...just had to get them! before this i thought i only thought turkeys came in a normal size of around 15lbs...never would of thought them being animals they could come in bigger sizes and even really big sizes! who would of thought?

i mean holy crap! look how much space they take up in my chest freezer!
2015-11-11%2020.35.50%20%28576x1024%29.jpg

thanksgiving here i come! or maybe i will just play with them

Really Josh? Those are some freakish BIG turkeys and I see why you "Had to get them"!!!

Are you going to keep them frozen or just play with them? Maybe you could sit your turkeys on a pillow next to your computer and teach them how we roast them...just throwing out an idea :grin:

Big Turkey

Those are small birds... We are rising turkey for the deli business...50# birds with very little drugs.. Not going to fit a normal oven!!

Those are small birds... We are rising turkey for the deli business...50# birds with very little drugs.. Not going to fit a normal oven!!
Sure but can you dress them up, talk to them and pay with them?

How about having them sleep with you or take them on walks?

That sweet Shirley will swallow up all three with room to spare. Of course you will be eating turkey leftovers until about next February. :heh:

i smell a smart*ss...move to WP:pound:

psssssht.....pj im pretty sure this is just a post about how amazing and incredible it is i found these large turkeys!

and besides...ive actually already cooked one!

2015-11-17%2014.22.48%20%281024x576%29.jpg

psssssht.....pj im pretty sure this is just a post about how amazing and incredible it is i found these large turkeys!

First of all that bird looks INCREDIBLE....secondly did you take a picture of that turkey next to a small child so I can compare how big the bird really is?? :noidea:

That is some great looking bird, bet that woodfired rotisserie made for some really good eats:thumb:

I certainly don't mean this as a criticism of how you tied up that turkey, but I came across this a while ago and use it for all my whole birds, especially when using the rotisserie.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=auQB7D_xB0I[/ame]

I just figured with everybody getting ready for the upcoming holiday cooks that it might help somebody. Trussing really helps with a uniform cook.

yes i used that trussing method last year...on this cook i kinda just threw some string around it...and as u can see it didnt hold lol....T day i will be doing the alton brown method for sure again

That is freaking hilarious, it looks like someone cut an orange in half and then slid the two halves under the skin. Very creative!:laugh:

weird how you knew exactly how that was done. is that how the chicken king makes his queens?:loco:

do you miss it already?:tsk:

Back