Inkbird BBQ Temp Controller Review.

ther00k

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Did a Mississippi Roast for a test run of the InkBird BBQ Controller. ISC-007BW

PROS:
1. Easy to use App. You are able to view and set the Pit target temp from your phone. You can also set alerts for each probe if you want. There app also graphs your cook so you can follow the temp history of each probe and the pit itself.
2. Held rock solid temp. I lit the coals connected the fan turned the unit to 275 degrees. I was pleasantly surprised that it did not over shoot at all. With my older cyberq I had to wait until the pit was about 25 degrees away from my target temp before i turned on the fan or else it would over shoot my target.
3. Along with the App the controls on the unit are easy as well. After all its only one knob.
4. Easy to connect to wifi or Bluetooth. I did not have any dropped connection.
5. Cost. This unit retails for $199 but I caught a sale on Amazon and paid $140.
CONS:
1. Has a handful of preset "grill types" you have to pick from for the controller. Large and small kamado, large and small kettle, and a WSM. I chose the WSM setting and it seemed to work really well. You can also use a manual mode, where you control the speed of the fan manually from the app.
2. Only 1 temp alert setting. Unlike most digital thermometers, you cant set a High and Low alert. You can only set an alert on one temp.
3. No open lid detection. You can however pause the fan control until the temp recovers. But again this is a manual operation.
The machine performed its primary function, controlling temperature, very well. The temps never were more than a 2 or 3 degrees off the entire cook. It is missing some of the more common functions that other controllers have. But, this is also a less expensive controller. Will InkBird add these functions with updates? Only time will tell. If you want a no frills inexpensive controller this will fit the bill. You can also spend $150 or more for the Fireboard and CyberQ and get some of the options this is missing. It all depends on budget and what you options you find important to you.

Attachments

• Inkbird.jpg
    Inkbird.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Joe ink.jpg
    Joe ink.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Roast.jpg
    Roast.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 89
Nice. All I have is a four probe Inkbird unit but have found it to be pretty much flawless.

Back