Can I hold @170 for....?

Billy Ribs

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This is my first large smoke (large for me). If I have 2 Butts, 2 Briskets, and 3 Racks of spares done and ready, can I wrap in plastic then in heavy foil and keep them at 170 in the oven for 12 hours?

I have 26 guest arriving at 1 pm Sunday and just can't pull an overnighter. I would have to start at 9 pm Saturday, pull it all around 1 or 2 Sunday and rest them till 5 pm. I would rather finish up around 5am and get some rest before everyone arrives.

If done properly, will the meat hold well.

I have held them in a cambro for four hours, but for 12 hours I would chill them and heat them in your cooker before serving.

What wbaker said. Not only that I think it would be shoe leather if held that long at 170. I just made a UDS for just this problem since I will cook all night without having to watch over it.

People concerned with sleep grill burgers. Real men BBQ. If you drink enough no one will be able to tell if you're tired or just drunk.

I would either chill and reheat or stay up all night and get really drunk. I think you should do the latter:)

Back