THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracklin Jeorge

Full Fledged Farker
My Niece is getting married and has asked me to cook. I'm not a caterer, rather a home BBQ Farker with a couple of eggs.

She would like brisket (sliced and burnt ends), for 120 people. To do this I'll need to prepare in advance and reheat or rent a rig capable of smoking 8 to 10 briskets at once.

If I can make in advance I would be vacuum sealing the finished product and freezing or refrigerating. My questions are: If I cook and reheat, will the quality suffer greatly? Can I freeze the finished product or just refrigerate and how long will it keep?

Any and all advice is welcome.

If you are only making a couple days in advance, vacuum seal and place in the fridge. Much longer than that and you should freeze them. When I vacuum seal brisket, I set the machine to gentle so it doesn't crush the brisket.

I have found that when vacuum sealing and then reheating in 140-160 F water, then is no discernible loss in quality. A sous vide unit is perfect for reheating leftovers like this, and vacuum sealing retains all the moisture so it doesn't dry out.

Just my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation).

Back