Headed to Knoxville TN for the weekend

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
We got a couple nights at some(I'm told) swanky place in Knoxville for this weekend. The funny thing is that I've been just about everywhere in the major cities of TN over the years EXCEPT Knoxville.

Sooooo brethren. What should we do, where do we go and what do we eat? BBQ suggestions are always welcome, but I am up for any and every kind of experience.

Thanks in advance!

Chris, Its been a long time since I've been to Knoxville, but there used to be some good places on the Oak Ridge Hwy. If they're not still there, remember I said it had been a long time. Also remember, you will be passing Asheville both ways, so good luck at HT. Hope y'all have a great weekend. Let me know how it is and what the name is. Joe

LOL!! Thanks bud! Our usual HT run is postponed until Sunday due to the trip.:heh:

Choice filet at 12.99/lb select/rancher 11.99/lb

Argentine pink shrimp 16-20 ct 8.99/lb

baby backs are BOGO

...Yep, I've got my homework done for my main food ingredients.:becky:

It's been a LOOOOONG time since I was there. Downtown was pretty dead and about the only thing to do was bowling and pool . This was for a conference and still have no idea why they selected downtown Knoxville :tsk: Nothing like playing pool and bowling with a bunch of nerds. There was some BBQ, but not memorable, but that was some 10 or so years ago, so no telling what is there now. The one thing I do remember was listening to blues in a small bar. I remember it was a bit of a hike, but I can't tell you which direction and I doubt if the band is still there :becky:. THAT was nice. OK, this is probably the most useless post every. :becky:

I grew up in Knoxville and still go back every year or 2. Here's a post I put up in another thread earlier:

^^^Ha! I used to work at that Calhoun's a couple decades back - that's where I learned about what smoking was. I haven't eaten there is a very long time, so I can't speak to the food there these days, although I did enjoy it then - a lot. The atmosphere is really great - it's right on the river and people tie up there on their boats. That place is near Neyland Stadium - it rocks come game day!

I've heard good things about Dead End BBQ in Knoxville, but haven't been myself. I think it's a couple of comp guys who started a restaurant. I ate at a place called Pup's Pit a couple months ago, but I can't really say I recommend it. I know for sure the Corky's in Pigeon forge is terrible. I have heard there's a place called Chandler's Deli in Knoxville that is supposed to have very good BBQ, but I haven't been there myself yet.

When I was a lot younger there was absolutely nothing to do there - this was one of the major reasons I moved away (in all fairness to k-town, my requirements for excitement in those days might have been a little extreme...), but from what I understand there's a lot more going on there these days.

When I was a lot younger there was absolutely nothing to do there - this was one of the major reasons I moved away ....

Yeah, the pool and bowling looked pretty new to me. They probably didn't offer that entertainment when you were there. :caked:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
:laugh::laugh:

You guys are killing me. I see a 30 minute trip to Sevierville in our future. Get our Bud's gunshop on!:whoo:

I'm definitely going to check out all of the suggestions. I think she wants to hit Holy Land Meat market as well. Since we just got back from the beach all the steak and seafood places are a little further down our list.

Back