THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is..."Your Go-To Food!"

nachos3_zpspp0hgm2d.jpg

Nachos is one of my favorite go-to meals - you can read about it HERE. What's your favorite go-to foods/meals?

As chosen by mattmountz94 for winning the "Leftovers!" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

mattmountz94 said:
For the next throwdown let's go with "Your go-to food" whether this is your favorite meal or the meal/food most requested from friends and family.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/12/17 through
the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Tuesday 5/30/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Tuesday 5/30/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I seen that moose. Saw the thread title and assumed it was an older thread since coming Friday is a little ambiguous date wise and got mixed up with the op posting a tasty treat and then the multi colored signature and thread font colors switch ups. I can delete if need be.

I seen that moose. Saw the thread title and assumed it was an older thread since coming Friday is a little ambiguous date wise and got mixed up with the op posting a tasty treat and then the multi colored signature and thread font colors switch ups. I can delete if need be.

No worries Trog, we can keep it. Just make sure you read the dates and rules moving FW so you don't get confused next time. You have two full weeks to enter, so you'll have plenty of time to submit a qualified entry.

OK... I'll play.

This is an entry.

Captain Ron's Award Winning Brisket Chili!

I used up the leftovers from our brisket from last week's competition and made a big pot of chili to take to my mother's house for Mother's Day. I made the chili yesterday and reheated it at their house today. Chili is always better the next day!

33849293363_d20e5c514c_c.jpg

Here is my official entry.

As with all of my previous entries, there is no fancy plating. Doesn't matter what it looks like when the temps and flavors are spot on!

Baby backs, SB chicken breast, beans, mac n cheese and rolls...anyone that knows me knows ribs are where it's at! :becky:

Link to cook thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246460

Attachments

• IMG_20170514_181211476_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170514_181211476_HDR.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 244
Brad, please note that with our regular bi-weekly throwdowns, only ONE entry is allowed for voting, unlike our monthly special throwdowns, where multiple entries are usually permitted.

Per the throwdown rules:

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderators a PM and we will do our best to correct the issue.

Brad, please note that with our regular bi-weekly throwdowns, only ONE entry is allowed for voting, unlike our monthly special throwdowns, where multiple entries are usually permitted.

Per the throwdown rules:

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderators a PM and we will do our best to correct the issue.

Sorry about that...I failed to see where it said bi-weekly in the OP and counted 19 days for submission of entries. Here on the east coast, bi-weekly consists of 14 days...so I got confused and, in my confusion, I rounded UP! :becky:

PLEASE USE THE WINGS AS MY OFFICIAL ENTRY! Hate to waste all that fancy plating and stuff. :heh:

Blame goes to the wife...she is from Sonoma County and has failed to properly educate me on the ways of that foreign land known as California. :shocked:

Wings is your entry, check :thumb:

I'm sure even on the east coast you can read ok, so next time skip the math and just look for this easy clue- Multiple entry TD's will say in the rules-

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

If it doesn't say that multiple entries are allowed, then it is a single entry throwdown. Hope this helps!

Back