"Flat Top/Griddle/Cast Iron Chef!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Tuesday, Jan. 16th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Flat Top/Griddle/Cast Iron Chef!"

b5HSD0Rh.jpg

This was Tom B's entry in the 2021 "Hot off the Griddle" Throwdown

As chosen by SmokinAussie for winning the "My Favorite Cut of Beef" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

SmokinAussie said:
G'Day Richard and Andy!
It's been a while since we've had a flat top/griddle/cast iron Throwdown! Cook anything you like as long as it's on a griddle/cast iron/flat top.

Cheers!

Bill

You may submit entries that are cooked from 12/29 through 1/16/24.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on TUESDAY 1/16/24.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Does the cast iron count as the outdoor cooking method? Can i use my cast iron with my portable induction hotplate in my heated garage?

I'm unlikely to complete on this one, because I've moved states and my flat top is in transit. Cross fingers I can do some chops or sausages but chances are slim.

Good Luck Fellas!

Bill

Hmm... I have an idea, but I need to go get my blackstone out of the trailer in storage. Unless cast iron on the stove counts? I doubt it.

Looks great......but why are you in a cage.?

Australian Nanny Regulations.

You see on the other side of the fence is a large spa bath. That means you have to have it fenced off to stop toddlers drowning in it.

You might have the same thing there but I doubt it. I'll get a more explanatory photo if you want it.

Folks, given that the forum was down earlier today and it's a national holiday, we're extending this Throwdown an additional day to make room for last minute entries. We will be accepting entries through noon Central tomorrow, Jan. 16th.

Back