THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H

handsareme

Well hello...as you can tell, I am new here. I, however, am not new to forums. I have searched but have come up empty. Therefore, I asketh your help.

First, I have built and used my UDS. It holds temps like a dream. Pictures of it will come.

My question has to do with the pork loin. It's a good size, 6.75 pounds. I am going to do a simple rub for it, with a little mustard thrown in. The question is, about how long will I need to smoke it for to get it to 145-150 internally? Assume a barrel temp ~225*. We are having a get-together at 2 pm on Sunday afternoon. The reason I say that, is because I want to know when I should smoke it. Saturday? Wake up early on Sunday? Keep in mind, we are going to church Sunday morning from 10-12:15, so anything that needs to happen (foiling, what have you) later in the cook would get delayed. I want some Brethren advice!

And I thank you. You'll be satisfied with the promise of pictures of the cook.

Barrel's hanging out at 225*. Got some nice wispy smoke coming out!

It'll be sliced and put into a crockpot with the kraut tomorrow.

Back