Sexiest beef cut of all time

krex1010

is Blowin Smoke!
I wanted to cook a big fat chuckie tomorrow, so I went to bj's which lately has been cutting some monster chucks in the 6-7lb range, but nothing bigger than 4lbs today, the brisket flats didn't look great....that's when I saw this hunk of meat with a dang sexy and imaginative name "beef shoulder muscle 2" lol. The meat cutters at BJ's are clearly wordsmiths. How could I not take it home with me? I did one once before and was a fan.... I also picked up a couple pork butts and was talking to the butcher and found out that they sell butts for $.99/lb if you buy them by the case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 476
watcha gonna do with it?

I'm going to treat it like a chuckie. It's going on the wsm getting smoked until it hits 165ish internal, then it's getting wrapped and finished until its probe tender. Then I'll probably chop it/pull it and serve it like pulled pork.

Oh, yeah. I look forward to seeing the continuation of this one.

Nice score!

Started my coals a little while ago, and dumped them in the coal ring....it's flipping pouring out, first bad sign, in my rush to get back inside I guess I didn't latch the door righ and it popped open, went out to check it and it was raging hot, cooker temp was pegged lol...door shut, vents closed down to get her under control, hoping the good ol "beef shoulder muscle 2" will be on the cooker in 5-10 mins, she's seasoned and ready to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 358
I don't know if you have a Wegmans near by, but their pork shoulders are .99 a lb no matter how many you buy.

I don't know if you have a Wegmans near by, but their pork shoulders are .99 a lb no matter how many you buy.

Yeah? I do have a wegmans but I'm not sure I've seen pork butts that low there. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip.

About 3 hours in...wsm has been running between 250-275. Internal is at 126 at the moment. I love the way cherry and hickory smell! Looking forward to dinner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 144
Back