Beef Rib and Chicken extravaganza - Simi Live cook!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
hey guys, Been trying to create the thread for a while. Photobucket has been a real pain!

So I have 10-12 slabs of beef back ribs a friend asked If I would smoke for him. I agreed got the smoker fired up early this morning and started prepping the food.

Top rack seasoned with SPOG, 2nd rack seasoned with Weber Dry Smoking Rub (I love this stuff).
IMG_0185_zpspneygonl.jpg

Here's the SPOG Ribs. About 1 1/2 - 2 hrs in.
IMG_0187_zpsg4t5aaqu.jpg

Weber Dry Smoking Rub Ribs
IMG_0188_zpsuel3uid1.jpg

And A Little Lunch. I bought Johnsonville cheddarwursts (The fresh raw sausages from the meat section). Wrapped them in bacon and seasoned them with the Weber Dry Smoking Rub.
IMG_0189_zpspb2rvxio.jpg

The sausages were fantastic!!!

I'll update soon as my bottom cooking rack is going to hold 4 chickens. Gonna be awesome!

Those are going to be delicious, pull when prob tender between the bones, they will hold for a long time wrapped in foil and towels in cooler if the get done early.

Well Photobucket is annoying me so I'm uploading pictures here. Got 4 chickens on the bottom rack. Some of the smaller beef ribs are reaching 200 degree's and probing tender. I stacked all the small ribs together and wrapped them. I'll removed them shortly and put them in a cooler. The bigger ribs aren't probe tender yet. Everything is cooking on schedule it seems.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 209
Well some of the smaller ribs are probing like butter! So I wrapped them in foil and threw them in a cooler. Threw a blanket on top of it. We're looking pretty good for a 6 p.m. eating schedule.

These are some of the ribs I pulled and threw in the cooler. Probed like butter. Lets hope they are good enough!
IMG_0194_zpsmjz4esld.jpg

IMG_0195_zpssx2kvh0b.jpg

here's the 4 chickens. All seasoned with the Weber Dry Smoking Rub. This is the first time the smokers been completely full! I don't have a 4th rack anymore after building the tuning plates. Just don't have room for it.
IMG_0196_zpssjree93c.jpg

Nice job Blazin, looks like it is working out for you:thumb:

Photobucket.
after you get the pic uploaded right click on pic and choose copy image address.
then paste that into the image box.
saves time and steps

Photobucket.
after you get the pic uploaded right click on pic and choose copy image address.
then paste that into the image box.
saves time and steps

Yeah, Its hard to use it when the page just won't load for me. It's been trying to be a pain in the arse all day long LOL. I say it might have something to do with the satellite and the wind. It's pretty windy here today in the holler!

Yeah, Its hard to use it when the page just won't load for me. It's been trying to be a pain in the arse all day long LOL. I say it might have something to do with the satellite and the wind. It's pretty windy here today in the holler!

Ok,diff problem.
keep the shortcut in mind and try it.
was hoping to make following your cook easier :)

Alright Photobucket has me in an endless loop of going to my main page and making me log in when I go to the upload page. Which in return loops me straight to the main page. It's all screwed up. Hopefully its something that just fixes its self LOL.

Anyways. Everything is finished. Everything turned out fantastic. This is the first time I've seen a group of people just chowing down on my food. My friend smoked a pork butt while I did everything else. That turned out really farkin good as well!

The smaller beef ribs I pulled at 4 1/2 hours in. The rest I pulled at 5 1/2 hours in. Everything seemed to probe tender. I was pretty nervous on the outcome of the beef ribs, cooking the quantity I was cooking and not having much of a success cooking them before.

They turned out better than I had hoped!! Here's some pictures. the 4 chickens and a plated pic! Thanks to the brethern that helped me with my questions in my previous thread on the beef ribs

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 149
Allright, Way to GO!!!! Glad it turned out good.
Smoke ring looks killer - what wood do you use?

* I agree, photobucket is garbage - waste of time,
takes me all night to load one pic.

some fine lookin cookin man :)

try using Chrome for photobucket,,i find it more compatible.

anyway glad to see the pix :)

Thanks guys! This is one of those cooks that when you start you have no farkin idea how its gonna go! Thanks again for all the help from you guys!

Allright, Way to GO!!!! Glad it turned out good.
Smoke ring looks killer - what wood do you use?

* I agree, photobucket is garbage - waste of time,
takes me all night to load one pic.

I used full on cherry. It's the only wood I have split right now. I just got a white oak tree that fell on a friends property! It's gotta take time to season.

Nice looking full smoker and I am sure you had a full belly after looking at the plate.

Nice looking full smoker and I am sure you had a full belly after looking at the plate.

Everyone seemed to love it. Normally get nervous about cooking for people outside the family. Everyone seemed to love it. I enjoyed what I've ate of it. After spending all day cooking the beef ribs not knowing what to expect, the beef ribs probably aren't the best in the world, but it was my best attempt at them.

Forget Photo Bucket for the moment.
That food looks delicious

I'm eating the left over Cheddarwursts from last night. I highly recommend cooking them this way! I can see making more in my future! They would be perfect on a bun with my home made brats

Last edited:
Back