Best way to rewarm ribs

layne

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What is the best way to reheat left over baby back ribs the next day?

I rewarm all my smoked goods by placing in the oven at 200-225F. It takes a while but doesn't end up over cooking the product.

I use the microwave but I set the power to 50% and go about a minute per rib, just want warmed not recooked.

Well if it is just for me and not something I'm giving to friends/family my favorite way for ribs is to cut individual bones and toss them into a 400 oven and let each rib get crispy around the edges. For most other meats I do reheat in the bag in hot water, but I love getting ribs crispy :-D.

I wrap our leftover ribs in foil when we have them. The next day I fire up the gas grill on medium. Put the foiled ribs up on the warming rack when the grill hits 300-350. I leave them on for about 20-25 minutes. They taste pretty much like they just came off the smoker. Been doing it this way for years.

i eat cold ribs in the morning like i ate cold pizza in college!

to reheat, i do the foil wrap and oven at 250-300F method.

cold ribs are really good though!

Foiled ribs in the oven at 300-325 until you smell 'em... 10-12 minutes or gas grill medium/indirect 5-6 minutes unwrapped and then finish how you like

Do not be so quick to dismiss the microwave. The key is to use a lower power setting.

Like morgan-que said above 50%. I usually wrap in wet paper towel and go 60% or 70%. It is great if you take leftovers to work and there is only a microwave available. I do this for any meat that I want to heat in the microwave when an oven is not an option.

I agree with all mentioned above but would like to add:

Once upon a time when I was a kid and used to work in a particular restaurant, we would pre-cook the ribs, cool them completely, and trim some of the hardened fat. Then when an order would come in, we would place a rack on a lined sheet tray, smother it in BBQ sauce, then place the tray into a 500 degree oven until the sauce bubbled and set (about 6-8 minutes). We sold out every night!

I prefer the sealed bag in water. But just for a day old I won't waste the bag and do the oven.

oven works, grill sometimes with a coat of bbq sauce.
microwave if im being lazy

if I'm being really lazy I can tear up a plate of cold ribs

I use the microwave ribs wrapped tight in plastic wrap for 35 to 45 seconds

Put them in the oven wrapped in foil.
Came out perfect.

I throw a little moisture in the foil with the ribs, like some apple juice or butter, or brown sugar and honey, then throw in the oven til they smell amazing.

Back