THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those Trigg ribs look excellent!

Did they take a full 6 hours?
I ask, because 3-2-1 = 6, and you were running 250 - 275?
Seems like you might have got there in 5 easy (with back ribs) at that temp (???)

Those Trigg ribs look excellent!

Did they take a full 6 hours?
I ask, because 3-2-1 = 6, and you were running 250 - 275?
Seems like you might have got there in 5 easy (with back ribs) at that temp (???)

This was my first time wrapping ribs so wasn't sure exactly when to wrap but I asked in another thread on here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170790 and was told to look at the color - well, they looked like they were on their way to being done so I wrapped them at 2-1/2 hours. Took only another hour for them to probe almost tender but wanted to dry them out a bit (that butter, brown sugar and honey melts into a nice pool in the foil) so left them unwrapped for another 45min. So was more like 2-1/2 - 1 - 45min = 4:15 hours. At close to 250 (have found out my UDS runs close to 25-50 degrees hotter in the middle.

But was my first run doing this so not sure if I wrapped at the right moment but hoping to get some advice from pros on here after they see the first two pictures I put up in this thread.

This was my first time wrapping ribs so wasn't sure exactly when to wrap but I asked in another thread on here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170790 and was told to look at the color - well, they looked like they were on their way to being done so I wrapped them at 2-1/2 hours. Took only another hour for them to probe almost tender but wanted to dry them out a bit (that butter, brown sugar and honey melts into a nice pool in the foil) so left them unwrapped for another 45min. So was more like 2-1/2 - 1 - 45min = 4:15 hours. At close to 250 (have found out my UDS runs close to 25-50 degrees hotter in the middle.

But was my first run doing this so not sure if I wrapped at the right moment but hoping to get some advice from pros on here after they see the first two pictures I put up in this thread.

Well, heck... everyone's a pro, and they all disagree :blah:
You just do what works for ya!

Remember, you can make great Q with most any smoker, but opinions are usually based on the smoker someone is using (which prolly ain't yours).

Personally (and take my advice with a tiny grain of salt)...
I like to cook chicken hot, fast, skin-down, and dry, but ribs..
I like em hot, fast and MOIST.

I use a water smoker (for ribs), and get back ribs done in 3.5 flat.
But, that's with my smoker.

What you did with your smoker looks real good!
I wouldn't change much if'n I wuz u :biggrin1:

Back