Trailer build...Thoughts?

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a horse trailer converted to be used as a competition trailer? I am looking for a new trailer, and think that the wide open floor and high ceiling in a horse trailer would be great to have, as well as the ramp... Thoughts?

^^I agree with James^^

If you're going to spend the money to gut and make a trailer into a mobile kitchen. At least get a quote from James (Extreme BBQ Trailers) before you do so. His prices are very competitive and they do great work!

Hey Tim, Chad with Cavman Cusine (He is Brethern)out of Carthage MO has converted one and uses it as his competiton trailer.

If you ever get a chance to compete against Jerry King Midland Texas then check out his horse trailer set up. I met him a few weeks ago at a comp and his set up is amazing: 40' horse trailer with a Jambo on the back and front area as living quarters. Nice guy to talk to as well. He beat me by 1.7 points overall!

We have at least 2 FBA teams who use livestock trailers.
Forrest (Forrests Fine Foods) has at least 2.
The larger has small living quarters up front.
Mark (M&E BBQ) has a nice aluminum one with small living space up front.
Both of them seem to like them.

My observations:
NARROW due to sides being inside the wheels. Can really be cramped in the work area, even on a larger one.
They have "slots" on the sides for ventilation.
Those make it a bitch to heat/cool.

OH YEAH--they are livestock trailers on the outside.
So, stop at the livestock inspection stations or you get to visit with the nice guys from Law Enforcement :-D
Ask Forrest about all of that.

But, they seem to work OK for the owners.

TIM

Back