Traeger BBQ100 Roll Top Pellet Smoker (Older Model)

speedrcer1

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone have any experience on an older Traeger BBQ100 Roll Top pellet smoker?
I found one for sale that I might jump on.
Is it really 300 pounds?

Thanks all!

Yup, it's heavy. I was their state sales manager in Arizona for a short time (we disagreed on just about everything). I still own a Model 125. It has a dead auger motor, but I've just let it sit, since I have a new Yoder YS640.

My only suggestions would be to: 1) call Traeger and make sure that you can still get spare parts for the BBQ100 (igniter rod, auger motor, control board, fire pot, well, you get the idea), and 2) make sure the roll top rolls and that there aren't any rust problems (no powder coating back then; they dried their paint jobs in an open air barn...in humid central Oregon! The ones I laid my hands on in that barn were still sticky after TWO days. Sheesh).

I bought mine (the Traeger 100) off Craigslist about 2 years ago. The guy bought it new and kept it under his house, under the deck. The cooker was in pretty good condition. I bought it for $400 then and thought that it was a pretty good deal. The thing is a beast and it is every bit as heavy as the listed 300#. I cooked on it for a few times and felt great about the working condition. I then took the thing apart (except for the roll top) and sanded, primed, sanded, and painted with high heat paint. It looked brand new. I then added a handle in the storage bin that allows me to roll around better. I also added 2 big wheels on the side of the pellet hopper because I was going to take to contests.

The only down side in my opinion i that the pellets will feed into the auger in the center and the rest of the pellets will not follow. I have cooked on it for 4-5 hours and the pellets would leave a drain down leaving a hole, if you will, in the bin. I have searched for templates that you can make that will help with this. I have not attempted to make one.

Thanks for the advice.

The guy came down in price, so it is at a good price.
I committed to buy it.
It is in amazing shape, and I spoke to Traeger and they will support it.

I bought one new in 1995. Awesome cooker. I've since sold it, but my mom still has hers. Still works great! They are very heavy. They take much longer to get up to temp than the new ones because of that.

Back