Pulled Pork Salad and Italian Sausage (w/ PrOn)

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I had a bag of pulled pork in the freezer along with some Italian sausage and fresh corn in the fridge. Fired up the kettle to cook dinner. As I was finishing everything up, my wife says to me... "you're eating kind of healthy today." Not sure if that was an insult or a compliment.

Corn and sausage on indirect to start.

Sausage didn't explode and were perfectly juicy and just the right amount of spicy.

I'm going to be feeling that "just the right amount of spicy" tomorrow.

A quick roll over the direct flame to char the corn.

I need to grab some more corn since it is dirt cheep right now.

Pork is reheated (freezer bag heated in a water bath).

Oh no! We're getting healthy. Iceberg lettuce, baby spinach, tomatoes, hearts of palm, cucmumbers, almonds, cranberries, bleu cheese crumbles, corn and vinaigrette.

Add a little bit of pulled pork and even this carnivore can get down with a salad.

Great looking salad Sliding Billy. I've not had pulled pork in a salad, will give it a try, thanks!

Looks great Bro. I eat a lot of salad during the week, pulled pork and smoked chicken over salad are my favorites.

looks great, you should try sautéing the recycled pork with some specialty EVOO and some good sweet balsamic, and then toss in the salad.

IMG_1431_zps3040db71.jpg

Great idea SB... Looks mighty tasty. :hungry:

Whats the Green stuff:confused: that scares me. Mold & MR UCK are green BD don't do Green. :sick:
However it is photogenic & the pork looks nice too. I do the un healthy Version> Mayo a dab of BBQ sauce or rub, pieces of apple, pecans & bacon bits on a flour tortilla made with lard.

Back